Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium VS the ATX

mrlocksmith

I have used an Infinium for many years and would like to know if the ATX offers and performance enhancements over the ATX. I see the compact size as plus but other than that ?

Mark

-The ATX has a faster swing speed then the Infinium
-The ATX will automatically scan for for minimizing RFI interference. Infinium is manual.
-The ATX has a IRON CHECK - Allows the operator to audibly identify iron targets when using a DD searchcoil.
-The ATX has an external speaker, the Infinium has none
-The ATX has pinpointing button, the Infinium does not.
-The Infinium has a motion mode, the ATX has both Motion and deeper Non-Motion Modes
-The ATX has a volume control, the Infinium does not.
-The ATX has led's showing strength of signal, the Infinium has none
-The ATX has 4 ground track speeds, the Infinium has 2.
-ATX has Exclusive Design DD Searchcoil: enhances detection of small items without having to slow down the scanning speed of the coil.
-ATX push button adjustments on the fly with thumb. Infinium uses knobs
-ATX simply collapses to fit in suitcase. Infinium must be disassembled to fit in larger suitcase
-ATX Largest Available Coil is Deepseeker

Seems like the ATX does just about everything better, except being available.

The Infinium is half the price.
The Infinium is waterproof to 200 feet, the ATX to 10 feet.

That all said I would also like to have and ATX and an AT Gold. I already have an Infinium. I have always wanted a proper
hard carrying case for the Infinium.
Rich

Not really.....if you don't use the automatic ground tracking, the machine basically remains static to whatever it was previously ground balanced to. The ATX retains it's settings when turned off. You could put it into factory default mode by first having the unit off, putting your finger on the pinpoint button then turning the unit on while keeping your finger on the pinpoint button.

Yes and also you can do the factory reset and DO NOT re-ground balance machine, and you will have even more sensitivity at your disposal...but a bit more noisy if you can handle it.

Bearkat