Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium

ktc

Has any one used the Infinium at a park or school for finding coins,I hunt with a cxIII with a small coil,I would like to try the Infinium,but not sure how it will discriminate out pull tabs etc.I know it goes deep on coins,that is what Im looking for.Thanx.

Used it last winter at a public beach while learning the machine. It can disc. out trash but, like a conventional disc., you'll lose stuff that might be worth digging. As you advance the disc. (pulse delay)the tone break shifts up on the scale. Therefor, at a setting of 5 (or 6.. can't remember) silver dimes go from a high conductor reading to low. What the Infinium really needs is a pushbutton or toggle switch that momentarily advances the delay to it's max. position (iron check). Spinning the knob is kind of a kludge and I'm not happy with Garrett for not including one. If you do decide to use it in a park setting, I'd recommend getting one of the smaller DD coils. They'll still go plenty deep. The Infinium is a really decent detector, but it takes quite the while to figure out the language it's speaking. A person just has to be bloody minded enough to stick with it. Actually, even though one "could" coin hunt with it, it's more suited to prospecting/beach/underwater/relic hunting. If Garrett would pony up the info, I wouldn't mind adding a 2 position w.proof toggle (momentary) with a temporary audio cutout circuit to the delay circuit. It would then act somewhat like the Troy X5 with the dual position coincheck feature. Somehow, I have my doubts that it will happen. Maybe I can find someone to reverse engineer it.. all that really needs to be done is to have both the disc. control & audio mapped out. ..Willy.

Hunting with the Infinium in a park is like hunting with a VLF in all metal. It wasn't designed as a coinshooter but if you're willing to dig most everything that puppy will reach way down there.

Bill