Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Info on Ex. coil

A

Anonymous

I read all the post on here and get a lot of info. I went out this evening in my yard for a while, Decided to try something I saw in a post of Monte's
I was using the 14 inch coil, running relic mode had disc on 3 trigger in center ,well got into alot of trash as usual, kinda seem like the coil has a hard time determining which target gets a low tone and which gets the high. So I turned the disc to 0 and pushed the trigger forward, It seemed like I turned on a completely different machine, Definately with this big coil the less discrimination you use the better it does, I got better hits on all targets and for whatever reason seemed to separate better. I mostly dug tabs and found one penny. I have heard that to some extent these larger coils loose some sensitivity to smaller targets and I know it aint tiny but I dug a 22 short rifle casing at 3 inches. Seems like this detecting thing is always a learning game. Gonna try to hit a new site this weekend. Hope all are well.
Ray