Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Insanity

nagov

[size=large]Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein[/size]

11 months ago I bought a new ATX, over the next couple months, I managed to use it about 5 times, no great success with it and I wasn't overly impressed. I spent most of this year using my CTX but over the past few weeks, good finds seemed to be coming less often and what I did find was light weight gold and silver .....and trash. Targets were getting sanded in, proof of that was in my finds, everything was light weight, couldn't even find a quarter out in the water. There was no way I was going to go out again and do the same thing over again..... I tried last month, unsuccessfully, to sell the ATX and when it didn't sell, I decided to finally get it out and give it a try again.....what did I have to lose?

Today was the day I think I may have finally bonded to the ATX. After about 2 hours of putzing with the adjustments to see what they would do for me in the water, I finally hit a heavy gold, my first over 2 grams for the past two months...14k band, 5 diamonds, 12.92 grams.

Biggest problem for me was figuring out pinpointing with the 10x12 coil, still not sure I'm doing it right but I'll get the manual out tonight and brush up some.

Tail end of the hunt, and I scored a small silver pendant that I thought nothing of, just going to put it with all the other silver......turns out to be a David Yurman pendant that has an insane retail price of over $1500 (dependant on stone)....$3.11 of silver but put some small diamonds on it and D.Y. on the back and .........well, people are insane to buy something like that at that price but I'll take it!!!!

GL out there everyone
Cliff

Very nice finds Cliff. The ATX will hit the deep targets. I also had a problem pinpointing and ended up buying a bigger scoop. Problem solved.

Nice stuff there. I have been in a drought myself. I too have problems pinpointing but I think that the pinpoint function does not work well with the infinium coils. It just gets real loud and stays like that. So I never use that feature. I am going to mod my original coil soon so I can mount it on a carbon shaft. Hopefully the pinpoint will work good. Again, killer ring there. Nice job!

I too would fall in love with whatever detector I was using when that fat band came out of the sand. Been looking for a fat band over 10 grams. I haven't gotten a band more than 8.5 grams yet. Haven't gotten any nice diamonds either. Still waiting...would like to get a honker before my first year of detecting is over.

I'm finding the same thing (not the gold yet) but that I am slowly getting used to my ATX and like it a lot.