Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Installation Instructions for 4.1

Instruction 2 says "Please make sure your coils and headphones are on charge". Does this mean, as in the past, fully charged or does it have some other meaning? Do the coils have to be near like in the past?

If you follow along, once you start the install it will prompt you to make sure your coils are on charge. I started out without them being connected but connected them one by one when prompted. Everything worked fine for me.

The coils "on charge" means exactly that. Connected to the charger clip. When you get this far it will ask you to have the coil that matches the serial number that will be on the screen connected to the charger clip before proceeding. You will see when your doing the upgrade. It will do each coil in this way. Any HF coils you have are not part of the update and neither is the Pinpointer.

CT Todd said:
The coils "on charge" means exactly that. Connected to the charger clip. When you get this far it will ask you to have the coil that matches the serial number that will be on the screen connected to the charger clip before proceeding. You will see when your doing the upgrade. It will do each coil in this way. Any HF coils you have are not part of the update and neither is the Pinpointer.

Ok that seems clear what about the headphones? Gary said headphones also must be on charge as well.

New protocol your headphones and coil must be on charge while updating. Follow instructions. Gary from XP forum

Now must they be on charge before turning them on or after you are instructed to turn them when prompted by upgrade?

I charged all my gear up 100%.

Then followed the instructions,

The controller, then picked up both of my old black coils in turn by the controller memory serial numbers.

I then loaded up both headsets and it all works fine.

The only gripe is the time delay when switching to the probe and back to the coil.

As was the case with BETA.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

The headphones get asked for in order but it doesn't prompt you to plug them in. Just make sure they are fully charged before you start.

It does on the first screen

Thanks so much

My 4.1 set up is running just fine now.

I even loaned a friend a Deus Lite,made up from my 11" coil and Back phones that are loaded into my Controller.

This meant I could use the H/F coil or the 9" black one if I wished along with the a pair of WS5 and the MI-6 probe.

The delay when switching between the detector coil and the MI-6 is almost unnoticeable.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry. :thumb up: