Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Instructions Needed for Older DetectorPro Uniprobe Headphone-Probe Combo

RodPNW

Greetings, Detectorists -

I'm getting back into detecting after a years-long hiatus and slowly re-learning my equipment. I own two Fisher detectors, a CZ7a Pro and a Coinstrike. At some point when I was actively involved in detecting, I purchased the gently used DetectorPro Uniprobe pictured below. However, I cannot find the instructions that came with it. So, for instance, I don't know where to change the battery, as I'm sure it used one, nor do I remember much about the settings except that I couldl switch between detector and probe using the probe on/off switch.

Are there any veterans out there familiar with this equipment, who might be able to help me figure this out? Thanks so much for any help!

Rod

DetectorPro Uniprobe.jpg

I have 2 of them myself and do like them as they are deeper than those other hand held probes. The battery is a 9 volt that sits in one of the earcups of the headphones, this is the side without the controls. One of mine is the older one and when I had to send it in to get the connector on the probe itself replaced I bought another one so I wouldn't be without while it was in getting repaired.
At this time they are both down with the same problem as the connectors of the probe that fasten to the headphone has broken wire in them, so they have a problem with them. The problem was they would not get a steady threshold when adjusting to a slight threshold and needs to be repaired again, but the company that did the work on them sold out and not sure where I would send them too to be repaired.
When they were switch to the probe on the headphones you have to adjust to a slight threshold which was touchy as a little made a big difference and had to readjust as I went, the freq switch was used the detector interfered with the probe.
what I liked was that once you got a signal with the detector and switch to the probe the sound from the detector was shut off and with the probe with the slight threshold and running the probe over the target area you could hear where the target was even if it was 3-4 inches deep and being sensitive you had to make sure it had a slight threshold so you could hear when it went to the faster pulse to tell something was there on the deeper target.
When the battery get slightly old, but not close to dead it would not be stable like it was with fully charged battery, so I carried a extra battery and changed it with it got unstable and could use the old battery in other detector, or anything that used the 9 volt battery.
Being this was the case the rechargeable batteries didnt work too good in mine as I need a stable threshold.
Now these were discontinued so I dont know who repairs them and if someone knows I would like to get mine repaired.
The probe gets into tight places as it is so small and so handy to use and worked so good when a coin was on angle as some dont pinpoint good and off up to 4 inches and the UniProbe could see them when you dug a plug and used the probe as you could see it was to the side of the hole.

Rick

Rick, thanks a million for your response. Sorry to hear about the wiring fault you’ve had to deal with, and I hope you’re able to get it resolved.

I wrote to the current owner of DetectorPro, who sent me the instructions that come with the new Uniprobe models, adding that their function is identical. So, I think (I hope) I’m back in business.

I’ll report back after my next time out in the field with the detector and Uniprobe, and let you know if I run into any problems using it.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Uni insert 4-6-23.jpeg
    Uni insert 4-6-23.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 58
I also found this helpful video from someone who owns an older DetectorPro Uniprobe like mine. Thought I'd post it here for the next person with a similar situation.

I also found this helpful video from someone who owns an older DetectorPro Uniprobe like mine. Thought I'd post it here for the next person with a similar situation.

Yes this is a great video and explain it real good. Its a shame they are not being made anymore as they were a great headphones and with the probe is was a complete set up and they did have a kit that was a rod and coil that also could be added so you had a pulse detector too.
The problem is the UniProbe was not cheap and they did make it also without the headphones, but they were not as popular as the ones built in headphones.
I was thought out as the headphone had a replaceable cord so it could be replaced in the field if they give a problem, as we know that was the biggest problem with headphones is the cord that connect to the detector. Detector pro made a headphone too call the NDT which was no down time that use the same cord that the UniProbe used so I always had a spare with me in my trash treasure bag just in case I need it, and not ruin a day of detecting. there was a extra cord that came with a new one so you had one when you needed one and they made another cord also for those that had the 1/8 jack on their detector so you just have to switch cord and you were ready to go if you had one.

Good luck

Rick

I used mine with the 11" coil on a beach hunt yesterday.
Kind of sad the coils are no longer available.
:cheers:

Attachments

• Snap_2011.07.24_12h52m49s_011.jpg
    Snap_2011.07.24_12h52m49s_011.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 44