Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interested 10 year old...

okierebel

A couple of weeks ago a guy I work with told me his son got some children's books on CW, WW1 and WW2. He said his son seemed
to be really infatuated with the CW book. The dad told him he worked with me and I hunted for relics, and he asked me if I would send
him some pics of my finds to show him so I did. Well then I started thinking, so I fixed up a 4" x 3" Riker case with an Eagle button, a couple
of minnies, and a .69 round ball and took it to the dad and said give these to your son. He was kinda emotional about it and kept asking
me "are you sure you want to give those up". I told him his son was quite welcome to have them. The next day the dad handed me a small envelope
that I didn't read until I got home. Here is the note. 20210424_111524.jpg Best heart medicine ever!! HH okie

👍
He will never forget your kindness and gesture

A couple of weeks ago a guy I work with told me his son got some children's books on CW, WW1 and WW2. He said his son seemed
to be really infatuated with the CW book. The dad told him he worked with me and I hunted for relics, and he asked me if I would send
him some pics of my finds to show him so I did. Well then I started thinking, so I fixed up a 4" x 3" Riker case with an Eagle button, a couple
of minnies, and a .69 round ball and took it to the dad and said give these to your son. He was kinda emotional about it and kept asking
me "are you sure you want to give those up". I told him his son was quite welcome to have them. The next day the dad handed me a small envelope
that I didn't read until I got home. Here is the note.View attachment 15051 Best heart medicine ever!! HH okie

okierebel,
That was a Great gift you just instilled in this 10 year old child. Your act of kindness
will carry on thru this child's life. To give and not Receive is the Ultimate Act of
Human Compassion. My buddy a Disabled Veteran, had his electric wheelchair
finally Die out on him. I found him one yesterday, like Brand new that sat a few years.
Cleaned and Detailed it. Paid $150.00. When I brought it to him just the look on
his Face was enough for me. He couldn't believe I did this for him and we only
just met a few months ago. So okierebel, Your a Hero and Great person to do
what you did. You will always be Remembered by him and your kindness will
be carried on. KUDOS BROTHER!!!
silverseeker 2

Its the passing along of passions and hobbies that needs to be carried on. The newer generations need to see that one big child can communicate with one small child. Good job!

Eli was correct when he said you were a nice guy. What a great deed and story. We need more uplifting stories such as these in today's world. Great deed. You may have just created a future relic hunter. Not a bad thing at all. Congrat's to both you and Eli. You will both remember this for years to come. It is almost unheard of these days for youngsters to care about our History. This was a refreshing story. Thanks for sharing this with us.

that I didn't read untilView attachment 15051 Best heart medicine ever!! HH okie
T
that I didn't read until I got home. Here is the note.View attachment 15051 Best heart medicine ever!! HH okie
What a very nice kind thing to do. Its nice to know there is a youth who has intrest in history and the past. He might be the next generation of detectorist. Thanks for shareing