Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interested in gold prospecting.

Ace

But I don't know where to start once I get my gold detector, I live in the Riverside, CA 92503 area and the only area I can assume contains gold are the Chino Hills nearby, but I really don't know, this is where I need your help guys, can anyone tell me where could gold be or has been found near me, maybe through Google Earth? Thanks.

I don't know why my last Post was deleted without notice, I really need help with this.

Howdy Ace,
There are a lot of answers to your question. I would suggest that you start by becoming a GPAA member and/or joining a club that is close to your location in Riverside. GPAA has hundreds of claims and many right out your back-door in Riverside. Many clubs have 100's of claims to hunt also.

Access to unclaimed BLM land is wide open to explore, and there is a lot of old placer areas you can hunt. Research will be the key to your success. Forums like Doc's and many others are available to ask questions.

This is a great hobbie, but it's not a team sport. It will test your patience and fortitude to be persistent, beyond your imagination. The successful nugget shooters are in no way lucky to find nuggets. They are the ones who have learned that the key is research, research, and more research. Read everything you can and take advantage of the internet.

If you want to measure your rewards in gold, you may be disappointed. The measure should be in the enjoyment of the people you will meet and the time outside you spend hunting and exploring the history of the old miners.

This is a great hobbie and I hope you get the same enjoyment out of it as so many of the others here on this forum do.:thumbup:

Good Luck

Thanks Roger, I'll try and join the GPAA, and Doc's forum, maybe next year I'll buy my 1st gold detector, I have almost everything needed, I'm just missing the detector and the tools, thanks again!

I don't know much about Riverside area. Joe for the gold has taken me to Rattlesnake Canyon area, and I have heard guys talk about 29 Palms. Then GPAA has outtings in the Randsburg area.

Take care!

DOC

Thanks Doc, I posted a while ago regarding the same topic but don't worry about it, thanks for the info!

:minelab::thumbup: