Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

interesting 10x12 signal readings

BeachCleaner

I spent a few hours out with my SEF 10x12 yesterday and during the hunt I played with the RX a little, I noticed the signal readings were extremely low, much lower than the were the last time I played with it, infant it was below 20% with RX =15 and Tx =on so I tried hunting for a few minutes and sure enough it ran smooth with No over load. I don't care to ever hunt like that so I toned it back down. I'm confused now, it like a good coil got better? Anyone experience this or have an explanation for why it would do that, I understand that temperature causes expansion and contraction and can change the null of the coil but the temperature was very close to what it was the last few times I used it.

This is normal for any coil. The conditions just changed at the site. It could have been the ground, EMI, who knows?

My coil is emi sensitive, very. I can tell when the sun is starting to set by the amount of gain I can run, really.

However I still have good numbers and can run the gain high.

I think Rob is right. I never check in those settings too much you know. I only adjust my sensitivity and a filter, the others depends of what you are hunting for. I also stick on the preset programs and I have good results. I hope that helps.

Just got a white sef 10x12 and checked my signal. Had a 25% signal inside my apartment then had a 50% signal outside. Brought it back in and had 40% signal. Waited a little and the signal went back down to 25%. I'm wondering if the coil getting cold caused the change.? Anyhow I might have to go to round two on my SEF purchasing.

At what gain settings?

I had my settings rx-15 tx boost on three frequency. Found 7.5 frequency to have a the highest signal percentage on mine when I checked each frequency individually.

digsgti said:
I had my settings rx-15 tx boost on three frequency. Found 7.5 frequency to have a the highest signal percentage on mine when I checked each frequency individually.

Very few will run that hot. I have run mine at a gain of 12 with tx boost on but the stars and moon have to alligned just right....:bouncy:

I run mine at 12 most of the time with tx off and get some emi from time to time.

I just used those settings to see how well it would handle them. Normaly use RX-12 no boost. Just a short test until I can get out on a real hunt and go somewhere EMI isn't so bad. Just thought it was odd how the coil getting cold made it so much worse. Guess it likes room temperature.