Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting clip comparing detectors:

Bence

What do you guys think of this?:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rhVFE-km4

I still don't know how the etrac performed against the se and the goldmax.

You want to know what I think? Well, 2 guys in a field freshly burying a coin means squat to me. Find a signal with one that the other won't pick up and that may tell me something. Most detectors perform poorly on fresh buried coins and minelabs aren't exactly the greatest detectors to do air testing with either.

I saw this a while ago. They fail to put in a flagship whites and or garrett for testing which didn't make sense to me. Out of the big three you are only using a ML?? I'm a ML man but let's be fair here.

Make sure you have the same size coils on, same type coils, don't mix the DD's and Concentric. Find deep targets with all the detectors and use different colored flags per detector to flag them. Everything has to be as close to apples to apples as you can get. Otherwise you are just wasting your time and you can't prove anything. Might as well be hunting. :shrug; . Just MHO. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Good point Tinfoil. It is useless making comparisons when everything is totally different with each MD.

I agree with all, 100%.
However there are a few things about that clip that I found interesting. One of them is, that there was a lot of falsing by the etrac in all sorts of settings. The third detector being lesser known brand, seemed to do alright. - in those ground conditions, however, it looked like very quiet ground to me.

Hey Bence the third one is defiantly not "lesser known" except maybe for those out side of Europe.
The company name is XP and they are made in France. Quite known i Europe really, they get excellent reviews.
I have yet to see one bad review on them.

The XP's use DD coils as a standard coil, 9" coil it is though I am not sure if the used the 11" DD coil there.