Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting facts about Standard mode.........

Jugghead

More and more I find myself switching to standard mode after getting a weak, deep iffy signal in pro mode. Depth and sensitivity in standard mode seems to closely match pro mode, with the added benefit of the full-blown analog signal, plus the bell tone which I dearly love. Those weak pro signals take on a new life, and a lot of the guesswork and different angles of approach and generally diddling around trying to determine if it's a worthwhile target is quickly resolved, and the digital readout is usually the same unless it's a really deep small object. After seven sets of lithium batteries, the ATPro is seeing more use than my 2500, and standard mode is just another tool in the arsenal. HH. Jugg

Good information! I think that switching to standard mode will certainly help the learning curve for pro mode.
HH
Darren

I've been kinda doing that too and noticed the same thing, especially on nickel signals. In Pro mode a deeper nickel signal will get choppy pretty quickly the deeper it gets. In standard it gives you that loud solid signal. I've been killing the clad and silver so far this year. ( over $300 and 12 silver rings ). Only two gold rings (not that i'm complaining :cool: ). I use the Pro/Zero setting 98% of the time. I've been trying to force myself to hunt in standard mode just to see the differences but I keep going back to pro mode. I need to do more experimenting with the foil / nickel range in standard. All I know for sure is that I am very addicted. I need to roll up a couple hundred $$ of my clad and get a nice camera.

HH

DS

I have a question... when in pro mode, and you get a signal that is so weak that it doesn't register a VDI number, is that just below where standard mode would lose signal? I have never actually tried switching to standard mode to test, but just curious.
Thanks.
Darren

I use the Pro mode all the time, this time of year is down time, fields need to be cut, and the beaches are just starting, I'm going to try messing with the standard mode in the school yards and flip it back and forth, good project for a month or two

When i want to dig it all on an area that has high percentage of having gold i use standard mode. This way everything sounds clear and loud and seems a good signal. Its easier to realice what to dig and to do it fast. This way i do not have information of what could it be, that could make me loose time or loose faith because of thinking, dang, another piece of foil. Standard keeps me more motivated. Also here in spain, bottlecaps do sound actually like euros, its not posible to differ them. So when im on making cash mode i prefer normally to dig just all signals from 65 to 80 so i use standard mode. In the right place i get normally from 8 to 15 euros an hour.

Any other situation where i want information extra i will use Pro mode.

But day after day im liking more and more the dig all philosophy. Since you never know whats under the coil. the last day i used it before it went crazy i went trought 2 cans. Then i got another signal that pinpointing seemed like a can, with a extended sound when you move the coil up from the floor. But i said, mm, lets check. It was a nice box. so you never know what it could be. And thats the good point of standard mode. It all sounds like it could be a treasure.

Just an aside to this standard mode issue: early on, I got the impression from many of the posts that standard mode was for beginners and for people who couldn't master the pro mode. Consequently, I didn't use the standard mode for any serious hunting. Then, out of frustration, I tried standard and realized what I had been overlooking for the past six months. What a difference! Not to suggest, of course, that I hunt in anything less than zero discriminate, iron audio 35-40, iron audio off.....you know, the manly setting.........ooorah!! But if you give it an occasional try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. HH. Jugg.