Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting subjects

Nauti

It's good to see the fossil and rocks and minerals forums being added as many have an interest in geology and other related subjects.Hope to see some interesting discussion on here in the future.
All the best,neil.

I found a beautiful leaf fossil outside my back door while filling in a very small pond. I put it on a ledge inside the porch for others to see...it was there for a couple years, now it's missing. I can't imagine anyone thieving it who would be a guest here......maybe the wife threw it out whilst in a cleaning frenzy...that sucks!

Oops, this was supposed to be in the fossil thread...excuse me.

Perhaps someone can help me. I am looking for a good site or supplier of thin (1/8 - 1/4 inch slice) agate slices. Most sites I have found, will not give you your choice of specimens, but rather an approx size and you take your chances.
I am looking for 2-4 in round (or nearly) sliced transparent agate. I use them as the center pieces in my crosses and therefore , they need to be pretty specific. Does anyone have any ideas where I can locate some?? Maybe a supplier
will let me examine a picture and decide on purchasing it. Help??

strobeone said:
Perhaps someone can help me. I am looking for a good site or supplier of thin (1/8 - 1/4 inch slice) agate slices. Most sites I have found, will not give you your choice of specimens, but rather an approx size and you take your chances.
I am looking for 2-4 in round (or nearly) sliced transparent agate. I use them as the center pieces in my crosses and therefore , they need to be pretty specific. Does anyone have any ideas where I can locate some?? Maybe a supplier
will let me examine a picture and decide on purchasing it. Help??

You might check around for state or local area rock and mineral clubs. You can do a Google search for your state or area. Often many of the members do lapidary work. You might also purchase your own slab saw and cut your own.

Agree with flinthunter. Find an individual hpbbyist to make you exactly what you are needing. Lapidary folks are a VERY generous lot as there isn't much of a market for their works. Try this site to hook up with a few: http://mcrocks.websitetoolbox.com/ .

I make clocks out of all different types of rock and smooth pebbles.I do not polish them,i leave them in their natural state as much as possible as I believe they look better.....you can't improve on nature.

Nauti Neil said:
I make clocks out of all different types of rock and smooth pebbles.I do not polish them,i leave them in their natural state as much as possible as I believe they look better.....you can't improve on nature.

You can..
But if you don't have lapidary equipment, apply a coating of Future Acrylic Floor Polish. It doesn't yellow and gives a glossy surface to the rock, making it appear to have been polished.
sixdogs.