Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interference from Equinox

tcornel

Whenever I get near someone using the Equinox my CTX goes nuts. I noise cancel and it helps somewhat but I think that it is tuning to the Equinox rather than the conditions of soil, emi, etc. Does anyone know of any tricks, settings to reduce, eliminate this issue.

Move away from the EQX. The CTX and eTrac do NOT like other machines around. Like....50 feet around.
Tuning to the soil and tuning out EMI (for example, other machines) are two different processes.

This happened to me I was using the Nox he had CTX and complained. We were both on a beach and targets were in this one area, so I hit noise cancel and that helped us both.
But I did move a little further away trying to hit the fringe area of those targets.
Tony

Does anyone know of any tricks, settings to reduce, eliminate this issue.

Smaller coil well let you hunt closer together i can get 6 feet away from a nox when both detectors are running 6 inch coils . sube

Noise cancel does help. When running the 17" coil on the beach I can't get closer than maybe 20 feet of a 600 Equinox after noise cancel. In Ohio running the 11 coil I am able to get about 8 to 10 feet away from a 800 without noise cancel.

It takes away from the buddy experience not to be able to walk over to see his finds or help with a recovery without leaving equipment behind. I have an 800 but I would rather use the ctx unless it is a really trashy site where the 800 recovery time comes into play.