Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interference problems using MXT Pro and ProPointer Pinpointer

Folsom Don

Is anyone else having a problem with frequency interference between the Garrett Propointer and the MXT Pro (or regular MXT)? I have to turn the gain way down on the MXT Pro every time I turn on the Propointer or I will get lots of static interference on the MXT. Is there a safe way to offset or change the frequency slightly on either one of these 2 great products? Thanks in advance for any tips....Don

Don-----We were just discussing this a short time ago.---Scroll down a ways & see my post on "Crosstalk (interference"). :thumbup: -------Del

Del, thanks for the reference. It sounds like there isn't much of a solution except turn the MXT off or point it away from the Propointer.....Don

Hey Don. I posted about this awhile back also. I have gotten into the habit of turning my MXT off as soon as I zero in on the target w/the pin pointer. It has been keeping my batteries fresh and lasting a LOT longer. I haven't had any problems either with keeping the machine GB'd and running stable even in some tougher ground. Hope that helps.
HH
Scott

Have you tried switching to Relic Mode - Trigger in centre position (Think that's 2 tone on the MXT PRO). I get no interference with my ProPointer then, unless I get too close to the coil or point directly at it.

Any other mode, and I get the same crosstalk/interference.