Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interference when using Garrett Pro-Pointer with my XS

Jeff (IL)

Was hunting with my Sovereign XS last weekend, and found that if I had the Sovereign within 3 or 4 feet of the probe while it was on, the Sovereign would go crazy. The workaround was to either leave the sovereign a few feet away while I used the probe, or turn the volume down on either the Sovereign or headphone.

Neither very convienent.

I suspect some type of interference, but was curious if anyone else that uses the Garret Pro-Pointer with their Sovereign is having an issue. Love the probe, but am starting to think it might be time for another S-1.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

I have a used XS I got ready to sell and tried it with a new Garrettt Pro pinpointer and the only time it seems to give a problem was when the probe was within 8 inches of the coil. It gave a signal like a metal object, but when it was off I got nothing from it. I didnt have my headphone on, but turned up the threshold so I could hear it and it stayed steady with very little if any interference. I think I was in auto sensitivity but not sure as it was a quick test just to see what would happen.

Rick,

Did some more testing this evening. It seems if I switch to Auto the detector is stable until it gets around 16 inches from the probe, which is OK. However, when I switch it into manual sensitivity, it freaks out when the probe is anywhere within 4 feet of the detector. Still not an option for me.

Rick, sent you a PM.

Jeff

Seems like I remember reading that some of the earlier sovereigns didn't have the foil shield inside the control box. If yours doesn't you might be able to make one with come cardboard and foil tape.

I get interference from my uniprobe. Interesting thing is that sensitivity setting and coil size both effect how bad and how far from the coil you are with the probe.

HH

JHM, thanks for the reminder on the EMI shielding they started adding at some point. Will check mine just to see if it has it.

hi all i want to say is who caresthe probe works and is the best out there whats your issue with it ? reset the detector when you stand up no problem turn off your head phones there you go .... ok ,,, hope that helps