Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Intervention from a friend

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
Talked to my friend Ron on the phone to figure out when we could get out for a search. He asked if I still had one of the latest and greatest detectors I bought? I explained yes, still taking these units out to the parks to learn better. He said Ron if I were you and I've seen how well you do with the Sovereign, this detector should be the only one you use, we are running out of good weather. LOL he did make a great point and good advice. HH Ron

I am still waiting to see if that new machine will out hunt a Sovereign. Once you mesh with a sovereign it is hard to pick up something else.

Those that get to know the Sovereigns well can out do many of the other detectors. I have went over with my Sovereign many area that were considered cleaned out and pick out many good target they left behind. I have even got some of those weak signals and others tell me it is trash or there is nothing there and show them some deep coins when dug. Because of health issues I have not been using it much as it is heavy for me now and been using the Equinox 800 when I do get out, but it don't seem to ID as well as my Sovereign with the Sun Ray DTI meter plus I dig very little trash with it compared to other detectors I have used.
I have used many different detectors since 1973 and hated the Sovereign when I first got it, but got to know this detector well and seen what it can do when you go slow and it is by far the best detector I have used and it has impressed most people what it can do. I just wish they would start making them again in a package like the Equinox so they would be lighter.
As you will see those that got to know their Sovereigns have kept them, or if they sold them to try a different detectors seem to get one back again.

Rick