Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Intrested in a F5-Is it ok on deep silver?

rockpup1

Looking into a fisher F5 for a notch machine and something a bit deeper on silver than my gold bug pro.I want the F5 because the DD coils will work on the gold bug pro.Now the F5 comes with a 11" DD coil.

If the F5 gets 8" on a silver dime I be happy with that.I like a notch feature and multi tone feature-multi tone more so, as the VDI can be unreliable in some ground conditions.
I know the MXT Pro is a killer machine-killer on gold and deep on coins-can the F5 keep up with the MXT Pro?

The price is great compared to a new MXT PRO and im guessing its alot lighter.

There seems to be some F5 users on the forum just wondering what you guys have to say about this unit?

Mike Hillis and a couple others swing that F5. If you start reading Hillis' posts, you might see some comments from others that have the F5. Have you considered the 70 or 75? Seeing how you like the multitone and notch and dd coils. I tell you what, that Delta Pitch tone on my F70 is really something.
Mud

I have considered the f-75-70 units but I really like the fact I can swap coils with my GB Pro.I could buy the 11" coil but for the extra 300 I can get a machine also-a $300 machine with alot of features!!
I have read some of the post's and it seems that the F5 is a very good machine.I have also watched a few videos.
I know my gold bug pro has surprised me in the past with the depth on a 5" coil but my testing has indicated the need for a detector deeper on silver coins i feel the F5 would have this.
With the lower freq it should go abit deeper on silver.

Also would like something a bit less sensative-the Gb Pro is very sensative and leads to alot of digging of very small foil/grabage targets-I do like fiding gold but sometimes the garbage drives a guy nuts.I would like to try a differant approach this year and notch my garbage out abit and focus on larger gold rings and leave the micro gold for later.

Send Mike Hillis a message about your questions on the F5:fisher:

I will message mike thanks.I will have to check some old posts of his also.

Not much information on the F5 doesnt seem like a popular machine considering the price and its functions.

just got my Western Eastern Treasure Magazine, (1/13 issue) I see that they field test the F5. havent read the article yet. CO

Indeed Mike Hillis is the resident Guru on this unit but will say after 20 years plus in the hobby and using many units I own and like the F5 and its staying in my stable..
Indeed 7-8 inches on a silver coin is possible...Many useable facets with a large meter on a reasonably priced unit without the EMI of other F series units, certainly not a depth demon like my CZ but few are and my go to unit when I need decent depth with excellent ID on a meter a blind man could read...

Cool sounds like the F5 is a great choice and such a bonus being able to swap coils with GBPro.Thanks guys!.

I have an F5 coming for just the same reason (I have a Teknetics G2 and it ROCKS for relics, and I can use it's coils on the F5). Since the Omega 8000 is built on the same platform, I think you could read up on the comments on that forum and have a good idea of how your F5 will do. I owned an Omega and it was a really good machine, but mine suffered terribly from EMI...But I hear that may have been corrected in the new units. Bill