Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Intro Myself....

Deaf3279

Hello Ladies, Gentlemen, Alien, Whatever lifeform you are :p

Bear with my grammar. It's not prefect.

I'm new here, I learn this forum from one of my friend on Facebook that I'm member metal detect club with in Michigan. You guys might know him, might not... My name is Earl. I'm from Lansing, Michigan. I'm 34 year old... Yeah I know "fresh-meat" I has hear that many time since I joined club haha. Eh I should say I has read that many time. I'm deaf and they wrote down paper :p Since 3 month ago I start doing metal detect hunts, I has been only find some beer caps, some kind of drink caps, and soda tab. "Junk reward" at least I'm clean up junk off ground. But this month all my friend from local is very surprised what I found. One of my friend says "Can't be!! I can't believe it!! You found it and you're rookie! I has been doing this for 30 year and never find like that!!" I guess rookie luck :) I found them at old school ground which was built in 1800's as school house. Wooden house style when my hometown (Lansing) grow expand. Lansing take over town. School become Lansing school district. They built temping school to move all student there and tore down old school then build new high school in 1959-1961. They have bomb shelter feature right under high school. Tunnel go all way to downtown. I think it's neat but anyway, I digging up history about where old school house stand. Right now it's football practice field. I use football yards as grid. First 10 yard then move on next 10 yard. I keep found soda tab. But this one I detected, I though it's other soda tab. I was going ingore it. But I have those feels nagging so I went back to that spot and digging. YAY here coin!

Take look at picture and see what I has found :)

WELCOME TO THE FORUM !!

One of my wishlist coins! good going!
HH Ed in co.

Great find, and a really cool write up on the location where you found it...I was born in Lansing, but I now live over on the west side of the State, there are a lot of active Michiganders that detect, keep us posted on what you find next and WELCOME!:clapping:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Great find, and a really cool write up on the location where you found it...I was born in Lansing, but I now live over on the west side of the State, there are a lot of active Michiganders that detect, keep us posted on what you find next and WELCOME!:clapping:
Mud

Thanks, I didnt say which school. Because I'm going back there and hunt more. As far I know there's like 20 school in Lansing. :)

I like those icon :surprised: It make me laugh... haha

OMG! Nice! I was wondering if you use something like a flashing diode or vibrator/sensor system on your detector? I was going to build a walking cane/detector combo and use a red diode for target signal so I wouldn't be noticed by headphones or speaker noises.

umm I use bounty hunter lone star thing that I got from best buy. It already have vibration built in. But my friend made light flashing to plug in headphone slot. It help If I keep look at light. But vibration stop if i plug in. I rather to have both on same time. It's hard to decide which to use. I wish I could do both... Can I?

Deaf3279 said:
umm I use bounty hunter lone star thing that I got from best buy. It already have vibration built in. But my friend made light flashing to plug in headphone slot. It help If I keep look at light. But vibration stop if i plug in. I rather to have both on same time. It's hard to decide which to use. I wish I could do both... Can I?
I have seen a headphone jack at radio shack that is basically a plug-in with Dual outlets to allow two sets of headphones. You probably plug it in first, then the best buy vibrator in one outlet and the flashing light in the other.

slingshot said:
Deaf3279 said:
I have seen a headphone jack at radio shack that is basically a plug-in with Dual outlets to allow two sets of headphones. You probably plug it in first, then the best buy vibrator in one outlet and the flashing light in the other.

really? well i have one slot

Slingshot refers to an adapter plug that provides two jacks from one. Sort of like a 3-way for your AC wall outlet at home.

The "built-in" vibration you mention is actually the normal loudspeaker. It is relatively loud so you are feeling the vibrations of it through the case. It would be a simple project to open your detector and convert the headphone jack so it powers both the loudspeaker and the headphone output at the same time with no need for an adapter.

It would be interesting to mount an external speaker that had a sealed mylar cone so it was weatherproof. Placed where you could rest your fingers on the cone. You could probably even learn to recognize the three different tones it makes for various metals.

-Ed

Yesterday I went to SWMSS (SouthWest Michigan Seek & Search Club) and use that coin that I found earlier for best coin of month. :beers: I won this copper half pound bar :D :beers: I wonder how much oz? some ppl say it's 6 oz some people say it's 8 oz

That's great! That really was a score on that silver dollar, and that is a cool trophy too. I bet all those old guys told you they have NEVER found a silver dollar in many years of hunting, so its good you got it out of the way so none of them would have a heart attack!:rofl: I'm still pounding the beaches here early in the am with little effect, but its now just getting hot and lots of people on them. If you pull up "grandhavensurfcam" you can see the crowds in real time like watching TV. You will even see other detectorists out there hunting.
Mud

dude i can't believe you traded that coin in for a copper bar that coin is worth alot more than that, i believe you got taken.THAT WAS REALLY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No copper bar is worth anything of value,thats why people are out hunting for coins and not to be traded for some stupid copper piece, i bet when he left they all laughed at him saying what fool, and they should have cause that sure was a nice coin.

john barrale said:
dude i can't believe you traded that coin in for a copper bar that coin is worth alot more than that, i believe you got taken.THAT WAS REALLY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:nono:

I never said "I traded that coin for a copper bar." I say "I WON copper bar"

at SWMSS club every month anyone find something neat and each member bring item in club for everyone to vote which best finding of month. I happen to be one of best finding of month. I won copper bar. I still have coin 1885. I WILL NEVER TRADE FOR IT!!! I'm not that stupid. Coin worth 20 dollar and copper bar worth under 3 dollar

mudpuppy said:
That's great! That really was a score on that silver dollar, and that is a cool trophy too. I bet all those old guys told you they have NEVER found a silver dollar in many years of hunting, so its good you got it out of the way so none of them would have a heart attack!:rofl: I'm still pounding the beaches here early in the am with little effect, but its now just getting hot and lots of people on them. If you pull up "grandhavensurfcam" you can see the crowds in real time like watching TV. You will even see other detectorists out there hunting.
Mud

actually they told me I'm 11th person who found that coin since club was founder

weather is blazing out today here in the state of mo must wait till cools down.meanwhile veiwing sites on youtube treasure seekers.

john barrale said:

He didn't trade it for the copper bar he used it to win the copper bar. He won best find of the month and the copper bar was his trophy.