Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introducing our New AT PRO Custom Straight Rod!

graytcote

We are really excited about finally being able to offer a custom straight rod for the AT too! It is quality made just like all of our straight rods which are the finest built and the best priced. The AT Rod comes with your choice of two different styles of metal arm cuffs, an adjustable handle, removable stand, shaft lock, and a lower rod to mount your AT Coils on. Check out my website for more info, more photos, and specs! I have links on my home page and on my Custom Rods & Stands Page.

Indian Nations Detectors

It is a step in the right direction, but it does not solve the problem about the headphone jack being in the wrong place.

I'm curious about the straight rod for metal detectors. I've seen them advertised, but haven't heard what the benefit is over the standard issue rod. Skip

Yes, the straight rod definitely changes the balance and feel of the AT compared to the stock S rod. When you hold the handle of the stock S rod your wrist is turned down. That contributes to fatigue in your wrist after swinging the detector for a short while. Minelab has learned that a while back with their Explorers and changed the angle of the handle on the E-Trac and now the E-Trac doesn't feel as heavy because it is balanced better. With our straight rod when you hold the handle your wrist is straighter therefore it doesn't get wore out as quickly. Also with our rods the handle is completely adjustable where you can move it around to fit you just right in relationship to the arm cuff making the straight rod lots more comfortable, balanced , and less tiring so that you can enjoy hunting longer with your AT.

The AT control box is big and top heavy. Our straight rod can't fix that but we offer a few little things with our rod that add up to a better experience in the field.

Besides the better balance, comfort, and the rod looking nice you also get some other benefits with our custom straight rod for the AT. You get your choice of the best quality, heavy duty, and comfortable metal arm cuffs. You also get the snap on stand which you can move around on the rod. You can take the stand off when you go into the water. The stand will also keep your detector from falling over just about every time you set it down to dig like the stock one. I scuffed up my control box really bad the first couple of times I had my AT out. It was even tipping over in my vehicle because the control box is so top heavy. The stand will help protect the value of your detector. I have sold a few detectors recently that were never used. They were just assembled and air tested in peoples houses or yards during the winter. I was mostly only offered half of the retail price for each one of those never used detectors. I can imagine how much my AT is worth if I decided to sell it now that the control box is all scuffed up. I do believe that a stand is really important. I'll also bet that the straight rod will have less resistance and will be smoother to swing in the water than the stock S rod.

A straight rod is definately a plus in the water. I've switched all of my water machines to straight rods for the stability in the water. Now, if you guys would just build about a 3' extension cable to get that AT box hip or chest mounted....ooooooo!! I feel once you get that control box under the water there will be a significant drag that might prove to be tiring. I'm expecting my strraight rod from you guys by tomorrow and with any luck and the waters not still to cold, I'll be able to give it a go on Saturday!!

We are working on the cable problem. Stay tuned.... Thanks for buying the rod. Good luck, let me know how you do, and how you like the rod. I get to take the new rod out tomorrow before one our club meetings I hope. I am all ready to get into the water too but it is still too cold. We usually wait until Memorial Day Weekend for some fresh drops. We have so many water hunters around here most lakes are pretty quiet.