Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Inverted display IDX PRO

Herb Jones

So I stole a like New IDX PRO that "didn't work". After a little air testing It occurred to me that the display had been installed upside down... also saw where some cat had posted a video of a unit with the same problem. The unit runs perfectly... IDs right on the $$$. Did whites have some kinda production run goof? How many rigs have had this problem.... easy fix

Way more likely is.....someone had it apart for one reason or another and put it in wrong. For it to leave the factory,AND make it past the original owner would be quite odd. Does it have modifications,like external ground balance,external threshold,sat switch?

No the original owner bought it to find a lost ring. Said that he found the ring and tried other things ... coons watch,but that the display was never indicating correctly. It works flawlessly. I just nailed two silver quarters and a silver dome on my first Outing with it.

I’ve found the machine to be extremely accurate and just plain fun to run. It seems you’ve found the same! Congrats on a great find...

It is a pleasure to run... looking for a coil now a 5.3 black max. I have the snooper and the 950

I use the 5.3 coils on my IDX pro on some of my really trashy sites,it does work very well but for some reason and prehaps its because most of my sites are on ploughed and rolled and not as trashy as some sites i prefer using the 950 coil,still works well on discrimination but covers slightly more ground per sweep.Still never fancied upgrading it with a manual GB it performs well exactly as it left the factory.

If it ain't broke dont fix it comes too mind,so will keep mine as standard.

I also enjoyed swinging the 950... it balanced well... Most of my sites are littered with lots of modern day refuse, so i am thinking the 6" (5.3) may suit me better. I followed up with the Fors CoRe, and found lots of items that my IDX PRO had missed, mostly i believe due to trash signals interfering and maybe masking the coin signals beneath. On my other machines, Vaquero, Bandido 2uMax, LST, and T2 And the CoRe, I typically find myself using the smallest or next to smallest concentric available, or DD in the case of the T2. Seems to help cut down on the chatter and pinpoint much nicer... And the T2, Vaquero, and CoRe still have plenty of depth using the small set up. Even the snooper ion the IDX PRO seems to have no problems getting to the depths that most of all my finds are at... RARELY do I find coins below 8", and the IDX with the snooper can nail a dime effortlessly at 6" around here where I hunt, but when the ground dries out this summer my depth may suffer, hopefully the 5.3" will keep me in the 4-8" zone a little better.

I have a Whites Classic ID, that has been upgraded with ground balance and threshold. I have the Whites Big Foot coil and as soon as farmers ploughed there Fields I hit it with the bigfoot and then after it has been rolled hit it again. I can cover those fields about as fast as they can plow them.

How deep does that Bigfoot run. I GB in the low 60's here.

Hi Herb, it will get about 8" in plowed ground. It dose good about 7" with lock on IDs, after that VDIs start to jump some.I was going to trade for a 9" HF coil for the XP Deus but might just keep it. I have seen some go for $500.00 to $700.00, Steve H. on prospect forum said he would not take $500.00 for his. I sold the first one I had for $275.00 that was a mistake.

I have seen nothing so far that I do not like.... nice tidy little unit

It’s my opinion that the IDXs didn’t get a fair shake in the market because that’s about when Multi tone and fancier displays started showing up en masse. But the accuracy of the machine has been astounding for the 7 years I’ve had mine. Even though I use another brand right now,the IDXPro is ALWAYS an option,no matter where I’m hunting...besides water which I don’t hunt. The 5.3 Black Max is in my arsenal and is BRILLIANT,along with 2 Black Max 950s. Forget about “holding it’s own” with many of today’s machines,it’ll compete AND defeat a great many of them. The trick,as with any machine,is to go use it for a LONG time.

In my opinion............

This is one of the best machines ever brought to market.
(that goes for the Classic ID and The IDX Pro)
I have to say, we became close friends first time out.

A terrific finder!

38906104205_cff4c54938_b.jpg

@Fisherfinder,terrific looking setup,out of interest what are those small coils ie top right and bottom left ?? i am aware of the others that you have but not actually seen the other 2 small coils before,are they after market ones or one of custom made ones.

Hello,

Top right is a "Snooper 350".
Very Hot, punches way over it's body weight.
White's never made a cover for this unit, you have to make your own.
There is a "Black" version, I hope to find one of those some day.

26679361699_15bd5c9999_z.jpg

38455454821_42861a2a58_z.jpg

Bottom left is a rare coil.
It's an "Applied Creativity Eliminator"

39809844531_55a3dda836_z.jpg

It's a, "Coaxial Coil", (Stacked Coil).
No doubt it does the job, but hard to find, and expensive.

38911183795_49e5e3f4a4_z.jpg

Fisherfinder

Not in big plowed fields like you might over were you live, but here in the USA, when working very densely littered sites like ghost towns with a lot of building rubble, or hunting in close to metal structures and such, that 4½" Concentric coil would take over in place of my 6½" Concentric. They are getting hard to find in decent condition these days, but are a very good smaller-size coil for the Classic series.

That 350 snooper stays on my idx pro 50% of the time.... the 5.3 and then the 950 share the other duties....but I rarely use the 950... the 350 is my favorite snooper/ hockey puck coil... I think because the sweep Speed is so Slow With the idx... I figure I Am not gonna cover much ground with that coil anyway, so Slow is the way to Go... great combo forgetting into
The tight spots without getting the coil hung up on everything. And my d other is surprising for
Such a Small coil .. very decent down to Typical Coin range (6" neighborhood)

Flintstone said:
Hi Herb, it will get about 8" in plowed ground. It dose good about 7" with lock on IDs, after that VDIs start to jump some.

How on earth are you getting VDI's from an IDX Pro? They don't have VDI ability. Just graphic target ID. I own one, my bro-in-law owns one and I've seen them all over the net. Not one has VDI that I have seen. What gives?