Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Invisible Shield

L8Braker

This has probably been brought up before, but...Has anyone found a shield of some sort for the faceplate of these machines?? I know if I didn't have one on my E-Trac it would be beat all to pieces. Sadly, I don't have any protection on this fine little mud monster. Do you folks have any suggestions on how to keep from scratching up the faceplate and screen, other than keeping the machine safe and dry? Thanks!!

Hey L8Braker --

I have put one of those adhesive "handheld device" plastic covers on mine...the kind you can cut to whatever dimension you want, and then stick to your blackberry or iphone or whatever. They are relatively inexpensive, and for me, they work well. Got the idea from someone else on the forum and it has worked for me.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the response!!!
I just sent an E-Mail to the product development folks at Z.gg.. Hopefully I'll get a reply and I can pass the information along...Thanks, Rod

I ordered a cover from Teknetics and they sent me one. It was for a T-2 but by the time I got it I just modified it to fit the G-2. Now if you want a well made one get a cover for a Minelab Exterra. HH

Go to the local Kiosk get the non glare cell (smart phone) cover its great !!!!!

$15 from your dealer, Chuck at Indian Nations Detectors has them. They are a little thicker than the Tek covers..........Mark

The people you have sent email email to probably won't be able to help with one that is custom made. However if you buy one of their shields for the iPad you can cut several pieces out of it for the detectors you may own. I did that for my 3 Teknetics/Fisher machines and still have some left to go around. I just traced a piece of paper to match the display area and then cut it out with a razor blade. I got mine on sale for $20 at Christmas. get the screen nice and clean first and don't get any lint on it and you will hardly even notice it's there.

When you made the screen cover, did you make it large enough to cover the entire faceplate? I'd like to remove the knobs, cover the entire surface and replace the knobs...I'm getting some dirt into the screen area....From the loose fit between the knurled pot and faceplate. Thanks, Rod.