Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

iphone loser happy, happy

togamac

Like a lot of you, I've seeked permission to MD on private land and have met with limited success. People seem to be afraid of litigation these days and I guess I don't blame them with all the ambulance chasers advertising how they can get you a big settlement.
So, I've changed my MO. I made up some cards with my picture on them that states that I did MDing as a hobby and that my services were free to anyone who needs help finding a lost metal object.

Two days after dropping my card off at a nearby marina I received a call from a woman whose son dropped his iphone into the lake near the dock. I thought that it'd be toast because of the water but she claims that this particular one is water proof? Any ways, I went to the lake this morning and found the phone after about 20 minutes of searching. I was thrilled and she was ecstatic! She offered me a reward but I decided beforehand not to accept a reward. I want to build up goodwill and eventually be able to ask someone for permission to MD on their property with the assurance that they're going to be inclined to say yes.

I turned down the reward by telling the woman to pass on the good will. She said that she would and that she would tell everyone she knows about me finding the iphone for her.

Like James Brown, "I FEEL GOOD!"

That is one good deed that will pay dividends......:thumbup: