Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron disc?

rseasy1

I just got a new AT pro from Bart good deal there thanks Bart!
I have a X-terra 705 which is a killer machine so detecting is not that new to me.
I have a few hours out now with the pro and have started in the promode and when I try to turn the iron disc up around thirty
the machine gets real noisey I don't like it,is this normal ,when I turn the iron disc back down to zero it quites back down.
I would think being a discrimination feature it should'nt make the machine get noisyier if anything should'nt it disc out the iron more?
I'm running in promode,zero disc,sense two clicks off of full and I auto ground balance and play with the freq.till it quites down.

I went from a machine that had a silent discrimination to the Pro. I do not know how the Minelab is but I didnt like the chatter either. Now I dont even notice it. If you go on the training videos you will see this normal.
Could you possibly have the Iron Audio feature turned on? I have tried using the ATP with this on all the time and I do not like all the chatter.

Denis

I personally run iron discriminate at 35. Iron audio. Depending on where I'm hunting sensitivity set at 2 down. Is it "chattery"? Yes. Can you hear what is under the coil? Yes. Can you pick up good targets amongst the iron? Yes. I do turn off iron audio mode when my ears need a break. I do like to know what is under the coil. For me personally, it makes me aware of those iffy signals to the point where I have to ivestigate what it is. I just hate the thought of passing a good target. Making the right adjustments and selecting the proper coil for ground conditions and personal hunting style is paramount for any machine. Experiment with your conditions. Results will come with the AT Pro. Happy hunting.

The more you crank up the iron audio numbers, the more chatter you will get. The low numbers are usually rusted nails, the numbers in the 30-40 are often times tinfoil. You have the choice of turning the iron audio discrimination on or off. If a place is covered with iron, I suggest you keep the iron discrimination set at 40, and then turn the iron audio off. Then you can recheck a moderately good signal with the iron audio to see if the target does in fact have an iron composition such as a bottle cap, then dig/not dig it.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_pro_basics6_video.aspx

I run in Pro Zero with iron disc at 35 with Iron Audio off. Then when I locate something of interest I will click Iron Audio on. That keeps chatter to a minimum.