Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron infested beach

ralphiejc

DeMarco did a utube on the 3030 to show how well it did picking out good targets amongst all the iron.Im wondering how the etrac or explorer (set up properly) would do on that same beach.Anyone try it?? Im trying to justify the price tag of the 3030...Ralph

Ok, don't get me wrong I love the Explorer line but, with that said I do not think there is any detector out there that will offer as much information about a target when it comes to visually as the CTX.
This is based on all the reading I have done and not from personal experience because no I do not own one as off yet.
All one has to do is spend a few days reading the plethora of information on the CTX Forum to understand this machine has a lot to offer.
I also see by looking back at your prior posts you are more then aware of what the Explorer is capable of due to ownership of one.
Granted the price is higher on the CTX but, the technology is the best that is on the market IMHO for certain said hunting.
I am not a beach hunter nor can I attest to beach hunting capabilities yet reference too only target identification on screen.
Granted some people are more then happy with the results the Explorer gives them for the hunting they do (and do quite well) and therefore cannot justify the cost at this time.
Its just one of those things where you have to weigh your priorities and make a sound decision based on your situation.
This is just my honest opinion and take with it what you will. :cheers:

Mike,I see your an Explorer(and Vet) user too.I bought my first one in 99,the XS.Was antiminated at first and wanted to return it but glad I didnt..Now I also own the II & the Pro..Had numerous other machines in between but always went to my `trusted`Explorer.Im not a `bells & whistles`type of guy and have no need for a GPS on my machine(whats next-Texting/bluetooth).Ive always hoped for a waterproof Explorer but the 3030 is a little over the top..As I said ,Im afraid of losing my machine to a wave(I work the waters edge) so the 3030 is a consideration.But I would also like to `KNOW`Im getting a better machine....Id love to do a head/head on that beach but he will not disclose(as he said in his video) where it is.I feel if your trying to promote a machine as being better than the rest why not let others try theirs there..If other machines cant cut it there you have nothing to worry about....Ralph