Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

iron mask vs select

A

Anonymous

I'm a newbie to the Explorer and am confused on (at least) one point. If I decide to "select" nails and put an "x" next to them so that they're rejected, does that mean that I can't use iron mask too? In other words, can iron mask be used at the same time select feature is or is it an "either/or" situation? One more question: Is iron mask -16 the same as turning iron mask "off"? Thanks -Dave

yes iron mask at -16 means you are accepting all metals, sort of all metal, but with working tone and meter ID. You can not edit in iron mask mode, only turn iron masking up or down, no other part of the screen can be rejected, however in edit mode you can build an iron mask like screen and save it to a slot, then pull it in and reject other things with that basic iron mask like screen, then saving that pattern to another slot so your iron mask screen is always there to edit, turning iron mask off puts you into your last used disced pattern screen, so you can in effect switch back and forth to check questionable signals...Jim

be aware the first push of iron mask on puts you into the setting mode where you can adjust it, one more push puts you onto your desired hunting mode digital or smart find with iron mask on, then one more push turns it off and puts you into your last selected disc mode, their will be a darkened spot over the on or off mark of iron mask to tell you if its on or off when in digital...in smart find you can see it on with just the left of the screen darkened....Jim

All right, I think I have it now. I don't usually use the select option, I've just been adjusting iron mask instead. I'm afraid that if I depend on the select method I may loose some good targets. Thanks again. -Dave