Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron Mask vs Smart Find ??

Excuse the ignorance here,but I'm still learning and trying to figure out all the variables on these great machines.
I know that Iron Mask is what the name implies: masks iron.
But is this any different than tuning out specific iron objects in the advanced mode on an EXP II ???
Is it a way to "fine tune" the level of iron discrimination versus just blocking out specific iron objects ??
It seems it can be used simultaneously with Smart Find, but could that be redundant ???
I've read "The Book" and maybe need to re-read it some more , but can anybody tell me what the difference between using Iron Mask and tuning out specific iron objects is ?
If there is a previous thread about this,maybe someone can direct me to it.
Thanks for your time.

-- moved topic --

Think of the old machines with disc knobs.... as you turn the knob you begin disc targets. IM is the same just on a digital screen. As you increase the IM its NOT just iron..... you begin disc other targets..... some good. You have several ways to create specific programs. Which is simply put.... notching.

Dew

Iron mask is just a wide open screen till you add in the amount of ferrous discrimination you want. On the E-Trac you can add in ferrous and conductive discrimination levels. Basically It's like an all metal mode with the wide open screen. The Iron like NAILS pattern is a discrimination pattern already made for you that you can add in to the smartfind screen like the COINS pattern already set up for you. It's patterns already done so you can try to make up your own total discrimination pattern for specific situations where you may be hunting. Two different things on the machines.