Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron numbers but mid tones?

dgc

I was operating in Pro mode, 0 disc, iron audio OFF, and 7 sensitivity today. The site I was on contained a fair amount of iron. What puzzled me is I noticed at times I was getting VID numbers between 27 and 35 (iron range) but with mid tone audio. Sometimes the mid tone audio was really consistent but so were the 27-35 VID numbers. Little if any low iron tones. Anybody else noticed this?

I know you said it was off - but if your iron audio is on with zero discrimination the mid tone expands all the way down to zero. So all iron would be mid tone as well as the regular mid tone targets. There would be no low iron tone with this setting. I have more than once thought my iron audio was either on or off only to find out different.

khouse said:
I know you said it was off - but if your iron audio is on with zero discrimination the mid tone expands all the way down to zero. So all iron would be mid tone as well as the regular mid tone targets. There would be no low iron tone with this setting. I have more than once thought my iron audio was either on or off only to find out different.

Truer words have never been spoken :thumbup:

khouse said:
I know you said it was off - but if your iron audio is on with zero discrimination the mid tone expands all the way down to zero. So all iron would be mid tone as well as the regular mid tone targets. There would be no low iron tone with this setting. I have more than once thought my iron audio was either on or off only to find out different.[/quote

Iron audio was OFF. I know the feature well and I know that mid tones expand down to the disc limit with iron audio on.

Maybe the answer was staring me right in the face. If you look at the graphical depiction at the top of the AT Pro screen, iron and non ferrous numbers (grey and white areas) overlap from about 29 all the way up to almost 50. So I guess it can be either iron or non ferrous in this range. Is a repeatable tone ID the determining factor in this range?

I didn't dig the 27-35 signals thinking they were iron falsing. I'll dig some and see what I come up with.

I know running full sensitivity I can get some bleed through. So do other brands I use that I push the limits. I think it's the nature of the higher frequency beasts....

On page 28 of the manual, with iron audio OFF, it shows mid tones beginning at 39 and ending at 75. If numbers determine tone, I don't see how I could get consistent mid tones for numbers in the 27 to 39 range.

Try turning the iron audio to ON and see how it behaves. It should say "Iron Audio" just below the words "Iron Disc" when it is on.

Jerry

here in Europe with the at international, sometime the rust makes the difference, it sounds like a mid tone. i found lotta old nail on that way...but be careful ,when it start to 35 dig it out...could be yellow metal.
i search in pro zero full power.

may u have a good day.

wildeagle77 said:
here in Europe with the at international, sometime the rust makes the difference, it sounds like a mid tone. i found lotta old nail on that way...but be careful ,when it start to 35 dig it out...could be yellow metal.
i search in pro zero full power.

may u have a good day.

Thanks very much for the reply. I dug some bouncy 30 to 39 midtones yesterday
and they were all rusty square nails. Still wondering why they come up as mid tones.