Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron Vase with Pennies inside

Itzzjustwill

I found this heavy iron vase looking object in my yard in Virginia. It is fairly heavy and my detector is saying there are pennies inside. It is sealed all around and I can't break the inside where the hole enters. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230525_173840.jpg
    20230525_173840.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230525_173833.jpg
    20230525_173833.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230525_173844.jpg
    20230525_173844.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 76
That's A tough one..... I almost looks like the foot from a Victorian cast iron bed frame.... Does it rattle when you shake it??? .... if it's not particularly valuable... or sentimental... Cast Iron will crack and break fairly easy with a maul or sledge hammer.... Another option is.. Post A YouTube or Tik Tok video with your detector showing there are Pennies inside... Start the bidding on Ebay at 20.00.... :clap:

Looks like a piece of lead pipe encased in cement

What part of Virginia are you in?

Ive had copper readings that were junk/rust/etc with both my F75 and the Legend. Only way to find out is to get inside.

Just a thought if you can't get the pennies out, how did they get the pennies in?