Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is "0" disc the same as All Metal Mode on the F75se

ramer

If I am using 0 disc, is this the same as using All Metal mode? If not, what is the advantage of using All Metal mode? I don't like using All Metal on the F75se because it is mono-tone meaning you have to keep your eyes glued to the display. The tones or lack thereof in All Metal only get louder or quieter depending on how close or big the target is, which to me is a worthless "feature."
Do all high end detectors behave this way in All Metal modes? My xterra 50 in All Metal mode has 3 different tones to indicate what the target is.

I've been experimenting with this subject on the F70 as well. I like to run 0 disc with tones instead of allmetal (monotone) on the beach or any other relatively clean site...its too dang chatty anywhere else to not run at least 1 disc with iron notched out...I dont like to have iron notched out on the beach, since a guy can find knives and lighters and whatnot in iron, plus, bobby pins are a good sign of an area that needs to be focused on..so I hope somebody chimes in and lets us know what allmetal's intended purpose is.

I seldom use all metal myself, but the few times I do it is on the beach, where I dig almost everything, anyway, and on those rare occasions when I run into some really bad ground. All metal is the deepest mode and punches through highly mineralized ground better then the disc mode. HH jim tn