Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is a Deus a good Car trunk Metal Detector?

If you have a sunroof crack that heat rises it keeps my car about 10-20 degrees cooler in the sun ..
Mark

Look on eBay under tennis racket bags. The ones that fit several rackets. I like Prince brand. They are ideal and often have dividers for coils. Mine fits shaft with one coil and 2 coils in the other compartment. There’s room for short shovel and back phones (hat mtd) I added the straps to be a backpack but they come with a shoulder strap and handles. They also open in the wide direction making it simple to remove and put back in.
Thank you so much I am interested in this.

My ORX lives in my truck. We’ll see if it becomes a problem but I really don’t expect it to since it’s never in direct sunlight and is stored under a seat, usually with the sunroof and windows slightly open for venting. It has never been an issue for any of my other machines in spite of our 100+ heat. I just wish I could get it out to actually use it more often..

My ORX lives in my truck. We’ll see if it becomes a problem but I really don’t expect it to since it’s never in direct sunlight and is stored under a seat, usually with the sunroof and windows slightly open for venting. It has never been an issue for any of my other machines in spite of our 100+ heat. I just wish I could get it out to actually use it more often..
Thanks Pyledriver im still thinking about it.

Nice detector needs a nice bag, I treat it like my guns. I would not leave a gun in a car, mostly because of thieves, here in AZ the outside temp is well above 110 in the summer usually reaching 115+F. heat damages electronics.2 zippered compartments, coils,shaft one side

Attachments

• 20210625_050818[1].jpg
    20210625_050818[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 20210625_050907[1].jpg
    20210625_050907[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
  • 20210625_050916[1].jpg
    20210625_050916[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
Late to the conversation here but, the XP units are so small. I had a compartment above my sun visor in a truck I once owned. I could take the coil off the shaft and the remote off and place the whole unit in that compartment.

Also just get a small back pack and carry the whole unit into your work too.

I am not sure what unit you use currently but if you never used an XP detector before and you finally buy one, I bet it will become your main unit.

I have had both the ORX and Deus. If you want to save some cash get the ORX. It is just as fast and just as deep as the Deus without a few tweaks and options. ... whichever one you get I am sure you will be very happy.

Nice detector needs a nice bag, I treat it like my guns. I would not leave a gun in a car, mostly because of thieves, here in AZ the outside temp is well above 110 in the summer usually reaching 115+F. heat damages electronics.2 zippered compartments, coils,shaft one side
Nice bag. Yeah im starting to realize its really not worth it to keep it in trunk.

Late to the conversation here but, the XP units are so small. I had a compartment above my sun visor in a truck I once owned. I could take the coil off the shaft and the remote off and place the whole unit in that compartment.

Also just get a small back pack and carry the whole unit into your work too.

I am not sure what unit you use currently but if you never used an XP detector before and you finally buy one, I bet it will become your main unit.

I have had both the ORX and Deus. If you want to save some cash get the ORX. It is just as fast and just as deep as the Deus without a few tweaks and options. ... whichever one you get I am sure you will be very happy.
I like the back pack option. I have a minelab Explorer and the Etrac. The Orx, huh. i might have to try one out. What detector did you have before the Deus.

I like the back pack option. I have a minelab Explorer and the Etrac. The Orx, huh. i might have to try one out. What detector did you have before the Deus.
Hey I used Fors core, mxt, Minelabs xs explorer, sovereign, tesoros, Makro racer, racer 2, Antonio, and several more. First texas f85, t2 omega,.
The new Minelabs Equinox too. When I got an ORX it was like my sites were new again. No kidding. Then I got a deus and tried then side by side with the ORX. The ORX is just as fast and just as deep but you cannot adjust or save as many settings. You can save 2 settings and 4 user programs in the ORX. The deus has 8 open slots. I sold my deus and stick with ORx. Now going to go ahead and get the deus Lite set up again too. They are so light weight, fast and deep.

With the HF coil you have 4 main frequencies with 7 offsets on each one I believe for a total of 28 user frequency to choose from. The X35 coil had 5 with 7boffwet for a total of 35 frequencies to choose from.

It is an awesome set up too.

Here is a little steel bottle cap video I did

That's a very nice detector bag & Roger on how you keep your detectors.
& I clean them both after I use them.

Hey I used Fors core, mxt, Minelabs xs explorer, sovereign, tesoros, Makro racer, racer 2, Antonio, and several more. First texas f85, t2 omega,.
The new Minelabs Equinox too. When I got an ORX it was like my sites were new again. No kidding. Then I got a deus and tried then side by side with the ORX. The ORX is just as fast and just as deep but you cannot adjust or save as many settings. You can save 2 settings and 4 user programs in the ORX. The deus has 8 open slots. I sold my deus and stick with ORx. Now going to go ahead and get the deus Lite set up again too. They are so light weight, fast and deep.

With the HF coil you have 4 main frequencies with 7 offsets on each one I believe for a total of 28 user frequency to choose from. The X35 coil had 5 with 7boffwet for a total of 35 frequencies to choose from.

It is an awesome set up too.

Here is a little steel bottle cap video I did

Very nice Bigtim thanks for sharing the info and video.

There are only a handful of extreme heat and if there is a heat wave either I’m not detecting , or if I plan to I’m taking the Deus Lite in its bag (which is actually a Nike baseball gear bag turned backpack ) into work where it’s climate controlled. Likewise, during the coldest part of the year my equipment is inside the house.