Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is anyone using a F19 partial to a certain type of headphones..

Joseph in Alabama

Wondering if anyone using the F19 has found a 32 or 100 Ohms etc.headphones works better with this detector..thank you for your time...joe

I use a gold bug pro so it’s like an f19 I think. I use some older Deteknix smaller wireless headphones. Not sure the spec, but they have basically zero noticeable lag on my Fisher/Tek machines. I would buy them again. They switch pretty easy to all my machines and are decently comfy.

I like my Killer B's on any detector. I also have a pair of Jolly Rogers that I often use with my F19. I don't find the sound or level of comfort quite as good as the Killer B's but they are lighter and less expensive. Not sure what the Ohms rating is on those. Since the F19 is VCO only, I find that I need isolation from outside noise more than anything else if I want to hear the faint sounds of deeper targets.

Like dfmike said, just about any good to high quality detector specific headphones with volume control will make the F19 a lot of fun to use. I like the Fe Tone feature but to me it does not control the volume enough at least for my ears. I use my F19 mostly for gold prospecting and occasionally for relic hunting. I have used Whites Ultra Lites (amazingly good for less than $40) and even the weird Whites Star Lites for a cheaper solution. My favorites are the Sunray Pro Golds.

Jeff

I've owned 4 or 5 Fisher F19's but I don't care for them like I do other makes and models. I used to use the Teknetics G2 and Fisher Gold Bug Pro which are similar when it comes to audio circuitry design.

Generally, I have preferred several Killer B headphones, and used to use the 'Wasp' which is essentially the same as the Sun Ray Pro Gold [size=small](made by Killer B)[/size] and they use 150 ohm speakers. Years ago I changed to the killer B 'Hornet. model. Also 150 ohm speakers, but they use a "tank style" ear cup. I found the Wasp and Pro Gold headphones to become uncomfortable, for me, because they press too hard on my ears. The 'tank style' ear cups of the 'Hornet' model are a little larger and cover the ear better rather than press firmly on the ear.

I have a back-up set of 'Hornet' headphones in my Accessory Coil Tote and another in a smaller tote I carry in my travels that also has a spare Pinpointer and set of batteries for a detector.

I have used other brands of headphones in the past, from different makers like Calrad or Radio Shack and others, but many were using low impedance speakers, such as 8 ohm, 16 ohm or 32 ohm. I found almost all of them to not have as clean and crisp audio response and more of what you might say was a 'muffled' type of sound. The military tells me I'm deaf since '82 so as a hearing-impaired person I pay closer attention to the audio quality.

My regular-carry headphones, other than my back-up Killer B 'Hornet', is the White's Pro Star. They look and feel similar to the Hornet or Gray Ghost XP's I use with my XP ORX, in that they also have the 'tank-style' ear cups that comfortably cover my ears. They use a 50 ohm speaker, but I found the audio quality to be very good with most makes and models of detectors.

'dfmke' mentioned he also uses the Jolly Roger headphones. I had a set before and they are comfortable, but they use a 16 ohm speaker and I wasn't impressed as it, also, had more of a muffled sort of audio response with several different makes and models i used.

In the better days we had more "local" detector dealers around, and more places like Radio Shack and other electronic equipment stores. I used to just take a detector in to a shop/store and try the different headphones they offered to find what worked best. It was easier, and cheaper, than ordering in something that I wasn't going to be pleased with. I'd also contact a detecting buddy or someone in a local detecting club [size=small](and most of those are gone now, too)[/size] and check out headphones others are using.

If I were travelling light and w/o back-ups and only had one set of headphones to take, they would be my Killer B 'Hornets.':thumbup:

Monte

I find the Whites ProStars and the Koss 99 work pretty good for these detectors.

HH
Mike