Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Hot ground and a little more in-ground coverage the only reason to use a widescan?

thump7

I have never been able to figure out what all the fuss is with the widescan coils. To me, the ability to more cleanly discriminate iron and still get a fairly crisp & clean signal on non-ferrous by far out weights any pros the widescan coils can offer..... I suppose on the bigger coils a widescan might make for less masking and better separation.

I sent Nokta a message a couple years ago requesting a concentric cleansweep or even a 5x10 type coil. I was quite surprised to receive a respectful reply informing me that if there was a demand for it, they may consider it in the future.
I'm thrilled to see they do now have the elliptical one, however based on past experiences, I'm still waiting to be convinced I could enjoy using it.
Please, if I've 'missed' something or if I'm totally ignorant do enlighten me, this topic has been eating me up for a number of years and I've never really been able to come to terms or justify purchasing a widescan except for the purpose of just having more coverage and a little more stability in hot ground which hasn't really been an issue where I live.