Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is it a meteorite?

cypearl

I found a stone yesterday while detecting at first had a chirpy sound and discriminated out when was out of ground. does anyone knows about meteorites? And how can I add the picture of it in forum? Thanks

It should be magnetic if it is a meteorite. Mineralized rocks also will cause the detector to respond, they are often called "hot rocks". There are allot of characteristics to meteorites that a person can use to properly identify one, but truthfully slicing and electron microscope are the only definitive proof positive.

I am sorry about the quality of the picture but on this side of picture appears that it has been melted and has an orange crust from the other with some kind of thump prints on it. Thanks for answers.

I have a meteorite that looks similar? Kind of a blurry picture though? Some, but not all, are highly magnetic. Yesterday, I was in the V3i meteorite program and got a good hit, so dug down and found a small handful of slightly (will stick to the magnet on my pick!) magnetic rocks. I have no idea if they are meteorites, or not. Sometimes they will look melted and have impact sites on them, from being struck by other meteorites. Sometimes they may have rust spots on them also and/or look silvery? I have about 8 meteorites that I bought and I could send you pictures of them to compare to yours, if you send me your email address? I really don't know how to post pictures here. Big Red