Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it Gold?

murfar1

The clasp on one end of this bracelet was missing when I dug it. I assume that's where it would have been marked as to gold content? No markings on the other end. Appears to be a ladies bracelet as it's quite thin. It doesn't look to be tarnished in any way and is seven inches long at 2.5g. Since it won't stick to a magnet does that mean it's gold or will I need one of those gold testing kits?

bracej.jpg

If you dug that out of the ground,,not on top. I say it is gold. Sure looks like gold to me. If your going to sell it,,most places that buy it ,,,will test it before they buy.

Good Luck

All I can say is I have a 20 inch chain marked Italy 14K on the clasp that would be worth $$$ many $$$ but alas it's not Gold via acid testing.
I suspect the clasp is though......:rofl: and the chain VDI's 54........it puffs smokes when you put the 10K :thumbdown: acid test on it, and smokes like a freight train with the 14K :thumbdown::thumbdown: acid test..

Yours could be gold, then again it might not be..... gonna have to have it tested 2 b 4 sure.

Take it to a place that has a "We Buy Gold" sign out front tell them you want to sell it. They will test it. Weigh it. Make an offer. Takes around 2 minutes. Before you accept the offer ask the guy what perscent he's paying you. If he answers I'm paying you XX% of the actual value, and that percentage is fair to you, sell it. If not tell him you'll think it over and then leave.

Hard to say from a photo but my guess is gold.

Good find.

Chris

I say this so often. Buy a gold test kit and practice up. You can buy the acids and stone for around 15-20 bucks. I like to have needles as well but they aren't necessary. I also find all I really need are 10, 14, and 18 karat acids. Good luck with it.

This one was found aout 3-4 inches down. I've seen those acid testing kits. At that price I guess I might go ahead and get one although I've read some are unreliable? Thanks.

murfar1 said:
This one was found aout 3-4 inches down. I've seen those acid testing kits. At that price I guess I might go ahead and get one although I've read some are unreliable? Thanks.

If it was 3 inches down,,it was lost a long time ago. If it is not gold ,you should be able to see some signs on it,,like tarnish or pealing. Nothing other than gold can take the dirt for that long without deteriorating.
Look at it closely with a magnifying glass,,if no flaws,,its gold!!!

Received my acid gold-testing kit today. The bracelet had no reaction to the acid at 10k--jumped to 14k and the test line disappeared (or almost). According to the instructions that puts it between the two, at 12k. So I'm rich! LOL. Had another little piece I'd dug up and had been wondering about. Looks like a bangle from a charm bracelet weighs 3g. Tested at 14k. Let's see now--2.5g of 12k gold plus 3g of 14k--That'll get me in the door at Starbuck's any day (I think). But seriously it's good to know for sure. Now I've got a couple-three silver pieces I'm going to put to the acid test.

Oh my goodness. Somebody took my advice. It's good to be able to test things yourself, right? It's easy to do once you've tried it a few times, right? I'm really glad it's gold. Buy me a beer!

Chris

cwilk said:
It's good to be able to test things yourself, right?
Yeah it's good to know for sure and be able to do it myself. Hefeweizen wheat beer OK?
:drinking:

Sounds fab! You're not going to put an orange slice in it are you?

Chris

These places that have a sign outside offering to buy gold are rip off joints.
They pay about 30% Don't waste your time.

Send your gold to the following:

http://www.aragold.com/
American Recycling Associates
2431 Walnut Ridge St.
Dallas, TX 75229
Phone Number: 1-800-216-9796
Fax Number: 972-620-9962
Email: nicki@aragold.com
Alternate Phone: 972-620-6020
john@aragold.com
don@aragold.com

OR