Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it just me?

whelenimp

Is it because I'm an old geezer coming from the VDI world, or are the instructions for the CTX 3030 vague at best?

How do I get rid of junk metal noise and only hear and see the stuff in the coin and rings ranges?

Any help for this "low tech" guy would be appreciated.

I did find a nice sleigh bell today, machine works great, my understanding leaves much to be desired!

Thanks in advance

If you haven't already, go to the Minelab website. Once there, download the updated manuals for both the CTX and the Xchange2 app. I had used an Explorer XS and an Etrac, before I got my CTX, so I was accustomed to the Minelabs. Maybe that's why the manual was, for the most part, clear for me. To eliminate targets, you can use the factory coin Mode or create a discrimination pattern that has the rejected target areas that you want "blacked out" on the screen. This can be done in the CTX itself or in Xchange2 and then copied into the CTX. Between the manual and posts in this Resource forum, you should get this CTX figured out.

You might try doing a SEARCH for the last year, on the CTX 3030 forum and for discrimination patterns or possibly MODES. That should bring up several posts from the last 12 months. There has been a lot of discussion. Including how to create discrimination patterns. Lots of helpful information on this CTX Resource forum. Good Luck

I took your advice and created a mode called Trashy Park, with Gatekeepers help!

I think it's just what I've been looking for.
I spent several hours in a park I've hunted before, lots of trash but over the years it has produced some good finds, 1817 Large Cent, Standing Liberty Quarters and barber dimes.

Today I learned where pull tabs fall on the target ID, dug about a dozen!
Maybe with the new mode I'll actually find a coin or two tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help, I think once I get a better understanding of the CTX, I'll really like it.

Thanks,
Joe

Glad you like the Trashy Park program Joe. It's definitely a useful program to get rid of junk. Don't forget to check out the Minelab Instructional video's for the CTX. You can find them here Minelab Approved Instructional Video's