Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IS IT NORMAL

curtis n

For my se with 6x8 coil on it -to hit numbers of F 7--C25---7--28--7-29 -7-26--
3-29---3-28 4--27 on a zinc cent --i hit 7--29 -7--28 a lot thinking it is a quarter only to find
a penny ---also find a lot of stuff -on some of the same numbers =silver dimes- silver quarters

Those digital reading will drive you nuts. They change so quickly based on coil position, sensitivity, minerals, and depth of the target. Learn the number if you want as a means to double check a target, but like Bryce said.... watch the smart screen for the best results. I cant say ive ever seen a quarter hit those readings thou.... normally just a penny or dime.... especially when close to the surface.

Dew

I agree with Bryce.
Maybe I'm too simplistic about it, but I listen for a good sound and just keep lookin' for the cursor to stay in the upper right hand field in smart find when I hit a target.
Then I know it's got a high percentage of being a good hit.
Listen to the money talk :super:

Bryce-IL said:
Much more useful information watching cursor placement, movement, and flutter instead of numbers.

I like the #'s too but good useful knowledge here!