Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it only me or can you do it too - what is it?

JohnApthorp

Hi,
I recently put a 4inch super sniper coil on my AT Pro & AT Gold - no problems there as they both pick up gold less than pinhead size.

The problem started however when I received a reading in some sand. I isolated the target down to a tablespoon size scoop of sand. When I picked this sand up & passed it over the coil with my hand, I received a very positive signal. I could not find any targets in the sand though. Eventually I used a small plastic scoop instead of my hand & quickly located a very small piece of wire less than 2mm long. So far so good.

I then waved my hand across the coil across the coil & immediately received a very positive signal. I proceeded with both hands & arms & received a strong signal on all test!:confused:

I didn't dare try the legs as I have an artificial hip on the right side & a reconstructed knee with staples on the left. Would these detectors be detecting the iron in my blood??

Oh, at no times have I ever told anyone that I was normal:-}

Gary.

try a different frequency , ground balancing at each change till you find the best set up

I wouldn't say it couldn't detect iron in ones blood if set to a high sens, and gb low enough, but thats just speculation. One might want to exspierment on this using sand/dirt in ones hand then try the same dirt/sand in a plastic cup multiple times at different gb settings and sens settings to find out if a signal can occur on sand/dirt in one's hand but not a plastic cup

Try putting a pinch of the material between your finger tips when you check it. The salt in your skin, particularly the palm of your hand, will set off the machine. With practice you can probalbly learn to just work around it.

You DID take off your ring and/or watch, right?

Yeah the detector can hit on the minerals of your hand.Just like lowering your coil down on mineralized ground.