Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it possible to hunt in the Analyze Mode?

Beachcomber

In the Video it looked like you had to reset the detector after every sweep of a target but was not sure if they were just doing that on the video or if it is a necessary operation.

Thanks

HH

Beachcomber

I believe it keeps the last target on it until you come out of it, but I forget now :confused: I can check it tonight if no one chimes in before that.
If you are the beachcomber from NJ and want to check one out let me know maybe we can meet up this weekend for a few.

You can, but you'd probably be losing some depth if you wish to see the graph while hunting. If all you do is hunt by audio, there is nothing wrong with leaving it in analyze mode with sensitivity as high as you want. The audio will work the same - then when you find a target, do the analyze sweep to see the graph.

The analyze screen requires the data for one sweep before displaying the graph - it adjusts the "size" of the display so that as much of the graph as possible is seen - so you can see waveforms for deep targets as well as shallow targets. We still can't predict the future, so that is why it is done after the sweep is complete so we can scale for the target. Otherwise we'd have to have a fixed size and you'd not be able to see the deep targets. A sweep is said to be complete when no targets are seen for a specified amount of time. So if you are running sensitivity high enough for maximum depth, it is probable that you wouldn't see an update of the analyze graph until you stop swinging the detector.

IF you change the sweep speed and rate settings in the analyze menu, you could potentially hunt in analyze mode. I am testing it with a rate of 3 and sweep speed of 8"/S. This gives me an 11' inch ruler instead of the default 2 inch ruler, and it also allows me to see each pass of the coil over the target (multiple "bell curves" on the same screen).

However, with a higher setting like this, the "bell curve" is much narrower. The main disadvantage to hunting in analyze, even with the increased scale, is that the VDI reports slightly different numbers than in search mode and it seems to update slower.

I really don't think that White's intended for people to hunt in analyze mode. But I can tell you that it is very adjustable and will prove to be a good tool in the field...it's just a matter of adjusting it for your sweep speed and ground conditions.