Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is it worth buying a Sovereign GT now?

dfg4240

Just wondering how long those boards can last '. When was the last year they were made. Some look in great shape yet but when I look at where they were used (salt water areas) I get a little leary.. I have a MX Sport and a Nokta Fors relic and selling a F5 fisher but looking for one more good detector and thinking of the sovereign GT. Parts have to be drying up I think.

David

I have been using the GT for six years. The only problem I have had was carelessness on my part. I got it wet with salt water while my main water machine was getting a new coil.

After repairs my gt still functions like a new machine. WARNING. The Sovereign GT for me was a very difficult machine to learn. All those different tones made my head hurt and digging trash, trash and more trash wore me out and i was looking for a tree to wrap it arround. But i found an after market 180 meter for the machine and the light at the end of the tunnel got turned on.

I now would hate to think about detecting without an operating GT. Thats why there is a spare waiting its turn in the first one should ever fail and repairs not be possible.

From what i understand there are still a lot of parts for the machine still available even though Minelab has ceased production of parts.

There are still a lot of aftermarket coils still available and still being produced. Just not by minelab.

ok thanks and there are some for sale wih prices all over the place.
I think I will get one anyway.
David

Prices have been holding good on the GT and are little more hard to find them. second Sovereign the XS is what I learn how to use a Sovereign and like George said it takes time and a lot of patience to get good with it.
Now for depth on your test garden with the Sovereign you have to go slow and listen to the tones coming and going as it see all the targets in the ground other than the small iron which will null out. to begin with any tones will get you wanting to check them out more. Once you get to know the tones to listen for you wont even notice the other tones that much. A good 180 meter is a must for me and others to see what they read as the tones maybe close to another. With some target being deep or close to another target it will be easily missed if you are not going slow to hear it recover from one target to the other one. One of the cases I seen with my Sovereign XS was a very iffy signal, but could get a 180 on my meter if moving the coil just right other wise it nulled of iron. when dug was a big rusty bolt on top of a Franklin half dollar 3/4 of the way as there was a rust stain on the half almost over the whole coin. Before I dug it up the guys with me tried their detectors and all said it was iron.

Take your time to learn it and use it as much as you can as the more you use it the more you will learn and the better you will get with it. I think you will hear this from those that have learned this detector and kept one and I feel they hated it the first time they tried one and used it, now they keep at least one in reserve.

Good Luck

Rick

George, Rick and I are just a few members of the Sovereign fan clubs. I've dealt with serious users world wide who use Sovereigns, why, they work very well.

Not since the equinox came out. I have he E-trac and the Excalibur. after all I have heard probably going to get a eq.

Just picked one up last August for $300. without headphones. He bought it just before the Excalibur came out used it 5 times them bought an Excalibur.

I love it and use it a lot. I also have an Excalibur II and Ctx.