Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it worth the hype?

dough

I’m impatiently waiting for my Deus 2 with the plan that my original Deus will become my backup. I’ve been holding out for a multi freq machine for some time.

Just wondering if the 2 this meeting everyone’s expectations and living up to hype so far?

Waiting patiently myself. Snowing Outside at the moment. But, spring is approaching.

I would have to say the Deus 2 is absolutely worth the hype. Why? First time out at old hunted out site with the D2-11”. Just a short hunt as I really expected the ground to be frozen still. These were found in a area loaded with iron and near a trash pit. I used the sensitive program with default settings.
I think it’s worth the hype.
The irons are shown after wire brush and preservative applied.

Attachments

• 137EB6F5-D42E-4B5A-B922-9A770867E8E2.jpeg
    137EB6F5-D42E-4B5A-B922-9A770867E8E2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • 40B5D7C6-BEDA-4F07-A429-ABA93FEFAF5D.jpeg
    40B5D7C6-BEDA-4F07-A429-ABA93FEFAF5D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • 8A9F4562-CEC5-4DD8-BF02-106C73A54950.jpeg
    8A9F4562-CEC5-4DD8-BF02-106C73A54950.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
I’m impatiently waiting for my Deus 2 with the plan that my original Deus will become my backup. I’ve been holding out for a multi freq machine for some time.

Just wondering if the 2 this meeting everyone’s expectations and living up to hype so far?
Yes!

I would have to say the Deus 2 is absolutely worth the hype. Why? First time out at old hunted out site with the D2-11”. Just a short hunt as I really expected the ground to be frozen still. These were found in a area loaded with iron and near a trash pit. I used the sensitive program with default settings.
Nice finds!!!

Could the Deus 1 have made these finds?

Glad it isn't snowing inside Rich. :)-----Are you getting a Legend also?

Hey Del, I'm glad its not snowing inside as well ! Jill would be very unhappy !

As for the Legend, No. I don't have plans for one at this time. Being that the attempt is to make an improved 800 and I already have an 800 that is working well, i don't see the need.

For the moment, it appears Nokta has improved the exterior toughness and the rest remains to be seen. Perchance the Legend blooms and shows it is above and beyond the 800 (which i currently like very much), in performance, then i can reevaluate. The D2 is my lone upgrade for the moment.

Rich

I have found some of my best finds in the 2 weeks since getting the Deus II. But I am hunting the best site I have ever hunted. And hunting each field row.
I really like the machine but it needs some work in my opinion.
I can not create a 5 tone program that can produce tones and ID as good as the equinox 800. I have already posted this on another forum and some agreed with what I posted and none could offer a solution that worked.
If you don't believe in test gardens this won't be for you. But test gardens are real world, it's coins in the ground. My coins have been in the ground for approximately 3 years and 4 months.
I have a nickel, dime and quarter at 11 inches.
The Deus II in a five tone program will not overall match the performance of the Equinox 800 in my modified program. I wish it wasn't true but that's a fact for me right now. I'm not saying that anyone has misspromoted the Deus II. The people I've seen promoting this machine I respect and I'm a big fan. But in my situation it's not working like I hoped it would.
Deep HC is the best program on deep coins IMO. But in a five tone program it sounds terrible on my nickel.
In Park 5 tones the nickel sounds really good, but the ID is way off, it gives a 92. And my dime sounds a high tone but has a terrible iron buzz.
Why don't I just use pitch? It definitely sounds better than the 5 tone program but you can't use pitch without constantly checking your numbers because any nonferrous close to the surface sounds good.
I hope XP fixes this in an update.
If anyone can offer a solution I'm open to it and would appreciate it.
Both machines perform very well. But without testing them head to head on the same known target you really don't know which out performs the other.
Don't get me wrong I have 2 equinox 800s and have really liked the perform for over three years now. But I don't care for the minelab company.
Also I have the Deus II with the 11 inch coil and have prepaid for a second Deus II with the 9 in coil.

Last edited:
You can try this program I just put it in my Deus 2 I’m with you I like the minelab tones and I dig some seriously deep coins with my 800 12”+

Mark

You can try this program I just put it in my Deus 2 I’m with you I like the minelab tones and I dig some seriously deep coins with my 800 12”+

Mark
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anyone can create a program and some may not care to have the deepest seeking program. But I do. And in the testing I've done a 5 tone program can't be created on the Deus II at this time that will equal the tones and ID of the modified Park 1 program on my equinox 800. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm right according the the feedback I've received. A program that sounds good and IDs accurately on air test or shallow coins isn't the same as one that does the same on deep coins, high and low to mid conductors.
I never would have posted about this without doing a lot of testing.
I do appreciate your suggestion though.
Calabash if you are listening help us out. Those without a test garden with deeper coins wouldn't even know the problem existed.