Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is MD'ing allowed in Croatia?

John 'n' W.Va

I asked this on the Metal detecting forum, but didn't get an answer on if it was allowed in Croatia. I will be in Italy Aug, 28. Later that week I will be in Croatia on the beach. I will have very little time for MD'ing at the beach. I will than travel to the villages of my grandparents. We will be staying at our friends house in Sisak. It makes my mouth water, the town was an old Roman city over 2000 years old. My wife said she can see me getting arrested. If it is a productive time detecting, I would like to give my Ace 250 to my Croatian friend. With his retirement he is barely getting along. He was looking for a way of earning a little extra money.

John don't do it. It can get you a lot of trouble and legal bills.I had a friend who took his detector to Dubrovnik........ and the only reason they dropped the charges is because his grandfather used to work for the Govt. Their rules are hard to figure out, but it's similar to detecting in state parks in the U.S. ( and you know how that can be) Wide latitude on what the rules really mean........ and it's not in your favour. Go enjoy the beautiful scenery ......excellent food and wine and take lots of photos. Leave the detector at home.......don't draw fire!!!!!

................that I am Croatian. And even though I'm tempted to go to Daruvar ( my home city) with a detector, the chance of $20,000.00 fines puts a damper on that idea. They consider water areas the same as land areas...............potential historic sites!!!! As an example, my uncle was building his new home and so was his friend.......... in the next town near Zagreb. His buddy got all excited when he found some gold Roman coins when they were digging the foundation. News got out and oh oh............govt declares his lot is an archealogical site. Took him 2 yrs and lots of fees; to get that designation removed. They had to determine if the coins were from a spill or part of some sort of settlement. Boy was that a mistake.......

Yeah John, we don't want to see you on an episode of "Locked Up Abroad"! Have a fun, safe trip!:biggrin:

:usmc:

Am I thinking of the wrong place or was that one of the countries a great many Land Mines left behind?

Good thing you asked! You could check with their embassy to see about public parks and beaches. Just an idea. Doesn't sound too promising, though.

Chris

salmonriverhotrock said:
:usmc:

Am I thinking of the wrong place or was that one of the countries a great many Land Mines left behind?

Yes, there are land mines. I think I would be safe at the beach where many thousands of people have sun bathed this year. There is a tot lot across the street from where my friend lives. There are also fields that are farmed ever year. My biggest threat is the interpretation of the law. You know, the same problem we have here. :unsure:

Old Katz said:
Why not just take a long relaxing trip to Hawaii and metal detect there?
No land mind either.
Katz

I have been to Hawaii and had a good time.

It is a big secret. The U.S. senators know about it. They had a thing on 60 Min. on why so many senators were going to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Coastal area has hundreds of islands in the warm and amazingly clear Adriatic Sea with mountains rising 5000 ft. above the coast. Water falls everywhere that make you think you are in a fairyland. Besides, I want to see the villages where my grandparents came from.

Click to see pic!

http://www.google.com/images?q=plitvice+lakes&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=4QJzTJaKBYT78AbZ-by2Cw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQsAQwAA&biw=1024&bih=600