Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is my ForsCoRe out of calibration???

Patrick(MI)

I was up to the Nokta website reading about where targets hit on the display and saw that bottle caps are supposed to register 78. However my CoRe always pegs bottle caps at 82. Does this mean my machine isn't calibrated correctly???
Thanks in advance to all that reply,
Patrick

Nope. I think they all do that. Mine will call near everything an 82. Cans, pieces of cans, big round iron, bottle caps, coins..... I can usually tell a pulltab from a coin though. That's the good part. Otherwise I'd never use it over my Tesoros.

I really love everything about the First Core, but man the ID could surely be improved. Maybe they will improve it next time around. I surely won't be able to afford one anyways lol.

Not at all......I get aluminum pieces that will register a great suspected quarter but not! I think it is just the little nuiances of any machine. Now if you were getting chatter and dug consistent coinage I would say there is a problem. I don't watch the TID's anywhere like I listen to tones. Treat this machine mainly as not having a TID readout.

I was doing a well trafficed park with the CoRe and digging shallow coins only. The TID was very consistent: 82 was an aussie $2, 83 was an aussie $1, anything 84/85 was aluminium. Pretty sure I missed the odd coin, but I think I left a lot of junk behind too!

Bottle caps, in my ground, will come in at 84 BUT when circling the target the numbers will quickly bounce down to a much lower number then back again. The numbers on coins don't bounce much (up or down a number) if at all.

dbado1 said:
Bottle caps, in my ground, will come in at 84 BUT when circling the target the numbers will quickly bounce down to a much lower number then back again. The numbers on coins don't bounce much (up or down a number) if at all.

I'll have to give that a shot next time I'm coinhunting with mine. Thanks for the tip!

dbado1 said:

I get the same thing with mine usually in the mid to low 60s.