Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Nokta Makro going off the rails

DigDog

No North American dealer is honoring their new North American promotion then ordered an accessory and received it in the mail broken/damaged.
When I called right away after receiving it damaged i was told i could not get a replacement until it went through their warranty department. WHAT???
I can see if i used it and it broke ok, go through warranty but to receive their product brand new in the mail broken and to have to wait what appears weeks now if not months to get a replacement as it is their policy just doesn’t seem right.
Makes you skeptical to order anything now.
Apparently their is only one person in the entire country doing the warranty so who knows when he will get to it and send me out another one.
Thing is i also ordered it to get it on time for a trip
Typically if you order a new product anywhere say amazon and you receive it broken they replace it immediately not have to go through a warranty department that takes weeks
I do have to add there are some good dealers that will replace it out of their stock and deal with getting their stock replaced through Nokta Makro whenever, but they shouldn’t have to be put in that position.

Yeah that exactly how i felt about everything but kudos to the one dealer that did help get me the item in time
If it was sent to you by a dealer broke that is not Nokta/Macros fault the dealer should step up and replace it and then the dealer with the warranty issue, who was the dealer you purchased it from ???
you are blaming Nokta/Macro for a problem that is clearly a lack of customer service on a dealers part not Nokta/Macro

Thats the way I thought it would work but the dealer told me unless they run it through warranty at Nomta Makro then they will not have it replaced. Again thats what i was told and if the case that is not right of Nokta Makro to do that to their dealers.
You would think Nokta Makro would want the dealer to make it right for the customer and not make it so they don’t get it replaced either but not according to the dealer so in that case yes it is Nokta Makro decision. Again its what i was told Im just in the middle here

I did ask the other dealer that I purchased it from if the same thing happened what would they do and they said exactly what you said they would just send me another and then deal with Nokta Makro but again if they don’t get it replaced I don’t know who gets what

I did ask the other dealer that I purchased it from if the same thing happened what would they do and they said exactly what you said they would just send me another and then deal with Nokta Makro but again if they don’t get it replaced I don’t know who gets what
exactly your original purchase was from a shady dealer and you need to step up and name them so others do not get burned by them either

that dealer just did not want to deal with warranty issues through Nokta/Macro.

Thats the way I thought it would work but the dealer told me unless they run it through warranty at Nomta Makro then they will not have it replaced. Again thats what i was told and if the case that is not right of Nokta Makro to do that to their dealers.
You would think Nokta Makro would want the dealer to make it right for the customer and not make it so they don’t get it replaced either but not according to the dealer so in that case yes it is Nokta Makro decision. Again its what i was told Im just in the middle here
trust me Nokta/Macro does not want bad press they get enough as it is and I can tell you they do not deserve it they are a great company and that is coming from someone that has no skin in the game as far as profits are concerned, I am just a end user like yourself

Don’t really want to call out the dealer until i know for sure. Sent Nokta Makro a email about it and never heard back from them. They haven’t seem to want to address this either. You would think they would. Like hey send this guy a new one. All I know is im stuck with $100 piece of worthless plastic.
Tried to make this right all the way around.
But if they finally do just replace it i will have two. Wasn’t like I could wait forever
It was from the net anyways a pretty big dealer
Not every dealer carries it did a google search and they were a big one that came up

Taking bets Tmops disappears here……..
People should have taken the bet.
Been in contact with Dilek now,
she straightened everything out all is good
Nokta Makro is a great company, never once complained about the actual products being manufactured bad, this was a case of a poorly handled or also misunderstanding on the part of the dealer.
Was I supposed to just forget about it and chalk it up as $100 lose for something that was not my fault.
Once Dilek got involved everything is being taken care of.
She is a great asset to the company and they are lucky to have her.
Nokta Makro made it right for the customer and i have no problems whatsoever saying so.
Again if everyone ignored it then that is a different story but they stepped up made it right and I have nothing but praise for the products and customer service.
More than i can say for most companies for sure.

If it was sent to you by a dealer broke that is not Nokta/Macros fault the dealer should step up and replace it and then the dealer with the warranty issue, who was the dealer you purchased it from ???
you are blaming Nokta/Macro for a problem that is clearly a lack of customer service on a dealers part not Nokta/Macro
He is a duly authorized factory agent and works for them representing the company: being a remote company in another country does not change their obligations. (And the dealer IS NM.)
His lack of customer support is a direct reflection on the company and business practices and they are to blame for him as a rep who carries out their policies, I cannot think of a way to lose customers faster.
(That is like a car lot saying we are not responsible for a salesman who is a authorized sales rep who screws people selling their cars.) The fact that Dilek has to step in speaks volumes about the dealer who should be gone. Dilek has been taking care of things like this for as long as they have been doing business here: kudos.

He is a duly authorized factory agent and works for them representing the company: being a remote company in another country does not change their obligations. (And the dealer IS NM.)
His lack of customer support is a direct reflection on the company and business practices and they are to blame for him as a rep who carries out their policies, I cannot think of a way to lose customers faster.
(That is like a car lot saying we are not responsible for a salesman who is a authorized sales rep who screws people selling their cars.) The fact that Dilek has to step in speaks volumes about the dealer who should be gone. Dilek has been taking care of things like this for as long as they have been doing business here: kudos.
NM didn’t lose my business but the one dealer did for sure
He sells ML as well it could have easily have happened with a ML purchase.
The dealer is a bad liability for all manufacturers
As a matter of fact ive heard similar complaints involving other brands

NM didn’t lose my business but the one dealer did for sure
He sells ML as well it could have easily have happened with a ML purchase.
The dealer is a bad liability for all manufacturers
As a matter of fact ive heard similar complaints involving other brands
Where is he? (FT lists people @ amazon & other sites that are not authorized agents: it brings things like this to mind. Ebay has people selling Electroscope type units too.) When I dealt
I bought from distributors. These guys were really on top of things too. When Ed Moody dropped Compass and moved over to Whites I knew Compass was done for. The X-200 should have been
a monster as it had great ideas, but it flopped badly: no George Payne TLC was acquired.)

This is a well known big dealer
Cant say name on here but i had a thread “bad dealer”
Pm you

good to hear its been taken care of, there are too many dealers that once it is sold they have no service at all.
I was a dealer myself for Minelab, Tesoro, and the Macro plus could get Whites, Fisher, and Garrett if needed. This was more of a hobby for me as I own and run a small town bar that keeps me busy.
I always stocked many extra a person would need like extra coil bolts and washers for any of the detector I sold and even some I didnt sell as good customer relation .
I had Garrett call me on a customer they had that bought a GTI 2500 and the coil was bad and even though the big dealer that sold it wouldnt handle it I said I would with no problem, so they sent me a new coil and a label to put on the box to returned it to Garrett.
Many repairs I did right here so there was no down time if it was simple to do as I had some extra parts, still have a few yet somewhere in my shop. I am not a dealer in Minelab or any of the other one and let a friend take over as he applied to be a dealer, but will help in anyway I can.
Comes down to too many garage or garage dealer that just want to sell and make a few bucks and dont want to carry parts they would need to help those that need it.
The distributor always been good to me when selling and if I had a problem they would send me a new coil or like the Excalibur that had a problem new they called me and ask me the guys name and address and called him and said they would take care of it and within 3 days he had a new Excalibur in his hands.
I also notice most of the dealers that sponsor this forum have been very good and wouldn't hesitate to do business with, which I have done and been very happy.

Rick

good to hear its been taken care of, there are too many dealers that once it is sold they have no service at all.
I was a dealer myself for Minelab, Tesoro, and the Macro plus could get Whites, Fisher, and Garrett if needed. This was more of a hobby for me as I own and run a small town bar that keeps me busy.
I always stocked many extra a person would need like extra coil bolts and washers for any of the detector I sold and even some I didnt sell as good customer relation .
I had Garrett call me on a customer they had that bought a GTI 2500 and the coil was bad and even though the big dealer that sold it wouldnt handle it I said I would with no problem, so they sent me a new coil and a label to put on the box to returned it to Garrett.
Many repairs I did right here so there was no down time if it was simple to do as I had some extra parts, still have a few yet somewhere in my shop. I am not a dealer in Minelab or any of the other one and let a friend take over as he applied to be a dealer, but will help in anyway I can.
Comes down to too many garage or garage dealer that just want to sell and make a few bucks and dont want to carry parts they would need to help those that need it.
The distributor always been good to me when selling and if I had a problem they would send me a new coil or like the Excalibur that had a problem new they called me and ask me the guys name and address and called him and said they would take care of it and within 3 days he had a new Excalibur in his hands.
I also notice most of the dealers that sponsor this forum have been very good and wouldn't hesitate to do business with, which I have done and been very happy.

Rick
I got to the point I'd hit a hardware store and get a varied group of nylon nuts/bolts and give them away whether I had done business with people or not: a little generosity goes much further than a newspaper ad, and word gets around. In some ways we are a mixed but close knit group. Some of the bigger outfits have people with the attitude that nothing is owned after a sale and problems will disappear if ignored (but customers will too adversely.) Bad actions always bring like reactions. (And NOBODY understood this better than Garrett, and still does. Charles cared about the craft and hobbyists who are one and the same to the point of obsession and HE did more to promote it than anyone. Dilek at NM seems to understand this too: that will buy more goodwill than all the advertising combined. A good reputation takes years to get and can be lost in five minutes;) Regardless of the brand I sold I gave away one of Charles' books on detectors. He made the operation simple explaining things in everyday terms. And the treasure tales were great. (There is a reason that some makers purposely disavow some online dealers as not authorized, because normally this activity is ignored.)