Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is not the racer 2 a good detector?

Everyone always seemed to like them. I’ve thought about one many times. You’d think a dealer would have no problem selling you what you want...
For not much more cash you can get the impact...
I’m really not sure what the racer brings that the simplex doesn’t....jmo they have nearly the same features with the racer adding tone break.

Still using it with great satisfaction. Especially with 5.5 x 9.5 coil. Sensitive is only adjustment ever changed while hunting. Initially had to figure out position of tone breaks and what frequency suited my ears within those tone breaks. Did you read my post on 1-3-2021 about the Racer 2 that you had a question about. Have 5" for heavy trash like at a old dump last week. Almost forgot that iron volume will be turned down in continous heavy trash to prevent noise fatigue.

The Makro Racer 2 is NOT a good detector ........ No, it is an impressively VERY GOOD detector! :thumbup:

A lot of features and performance, with a very good search coil selection, all for a very affordable price. Personally, my preferred coils with a Racer 2 are the 5" DD for working very dense iron contaminated sites, and the round 7" Concentric coil for general-purpose, day-to-day hunting.. If I want something like a 5X9½ open-frame DD coil, I just grab my Simplex + that keeps that coil attached full-time.

Monte

The Makro Racer 2 is NOT a good detector ........ No, it is an impressively VERY GOOD detector! :thumbup:

A lot of features and performance, with a very good search coil selection, all for a very affordable price. Personally, my preferred coils with a Racer 2 are the 5" DD for working very dense iron contaminated sites, and the round 7" Concentric coil for general-purpose, day-to-day hunting.. If I want something like a 5X9½ open-frame DD coil, I just grab my Simplex + that keeps that coil attached full-time.

Monte
thanks monte, an everyone else for your good input. I have a multi kruzer. its ok, but like monte, I just cant get use to the tones. and it has settings that I just don't use. I bought it used. to use for water hunting but I all ready have two water machines. After talking to a women in our club that has a racer 2. an seeing several videos. Ill be trying to sale or doing some tradeing for a racer 2. I have to wait two more months before I can post it on the classified because I sold a detector a month ago. I will like having a trigger for pinpointing.