Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Ace 150 basically the same circuitry/performance as the 250, less a few bells and whistles ? THX

the pinpoint feature alone is worth the extra $$$ for the 250.
You get much more for the extra 50$.

HH,
Andy

I've not used a machine in the last 20 years that I thought "needed" a pinpoint function, and seldom use one on those that provide it. From all indications I've heard, the Ace poinpointing system is nothing to crow about anyway. Ditto many "extra features" that really don't do anything in the way of added performance. While I agree that the 250 seems to offer alot of bang for the buck in the way of some of those added features, I managed to find a dealer that would sell me a 150 with the 4.5 coil instead of the standard coil so I could give it a head-to-head comparison to my favorite trash machine to date, the Tesoro Compadre. The 150 may offer something in the way of tone-ID that will come in handy, but the extended features of the 250 really were not of much interest at the moment to me personally. Besides, for $125, I figured what do I have to lose ? ;)

Ralph

you want to use it exclusive with the 4.5 sniper coil i would have answered different. But with the standard coil with its large inner receiving loop it is hard to pinpoint without the pinpoint mode.
An Ace 150 with sniper coil for 125$ will be great for what you want to do with it.

HH,
Andy