Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Impact really worth it?

I've got the Racer 2 with 3 coils...stock 7X11"...5" OOR and Makro 5X10". I also have the Makro wireless headphones. This really seems like I am pretty much "covered" in all I need.

I think I understand most of what I have been reading about the Impact. I pretty much know what it has to offer. Just wondering...is spending the extra money to get an Impact that much of an improvement over the Racer 2?

I hunt coins about 100% of the time anywhere I can get permission whether it be old places or city parks. The relics are just an added bonus when I hunt for the coins. Again...is the Impact that much of an improvement over the Racer 2 for what I do?

What would you do? Thanks!

BTW...my other unit is an XP Deus with 9 & 11" coils + remote and WS4's.

Charles
:usaf: :usaflag:

Charles----If you've already got the Racer 2 & Deus-----(IMHO), I'd pass on the Impact & get a Fors Relic.

Guess it depends on who you ask.........I have the Racer 2 and have done pretty well with it. I never felt the need to have the Impact. With the coils that you have with your Racer 2 you are covered pretty well. Small coil for your trashy sites, and the larger for more open areas. But it's up to you what you want. Pick one or the other, but the biggest advantage is just putting in hours and hours and learn that particular machine. I think if you spent the time and put the hours in on the Racer 2.....then move up to the Impact.....the transition will be easier and the Impact, first time out, will seem to make a lot more sense when faced with all the different modes/freq etc.

One thing I wish I would have known about the impact before buying it is the weak (in comparison to my other detectors) audio output. Just completed checking out the audio signal voltage in all of the different modes on the impact via the wired headphone jack, then checked the audio signal voltage on my other detectors using the same method. I can tell you the maximum output voltage (volume cranked) of the impact is right around volume 3-4 on the (ws5) deus.
I prefer to run the deus volume around 7-8 (depending on background noise. Traffic, wind, etc) unless a target is quite deep, majority of the time I can decide to dig in a matter of a few seconds. With my impact, seems I have to strain my hearing to attempt to hear tonal nuances of a target. (Unless very shallow)
I really want to learn the impact but so far has been impossible for me due to the fact that there is simply not enough audio power for me to tell what's going on in the dirt.

I will say even though it outweighs a deus, I find the impact comfortable and balanced well. And it looks cool. With all the parameters that can be played with on the impact, I'm sure it is quite a detector when mastered.

Either you have an Impact with audio issue or as you mentioned hearing damage.
I would not lump your audio issue with your Impact as an issue everyone has or is a common defect.
There is no problem with mine with audio volume or any one elses and I visit a lot of International Nokta forum sites-groups.
Rather than keep on harping about your Impacts volume problem. Please contact Dilek and have the issue rectified.
I would really like to see you enjoy your Impact once its sorted out.

Could be possibly just a bad resistor or wrong value resistor on the circuit board.
On the Pi's that I build there is such a resistor(s) one for the max speaker volume and one for the max headphone volume.

Now that I have some voltage measurements, I will be contacting Dilek to discuss the issue. I really do hope it is just an isolated case. I really want to see what this detector is capable of.

Indiana Mark said:
Now that I have some voltage measurements, I will be contacting Dilek to discuss the issue. I really do hope it is just an isolated case. I really want to see what this detector is capable of.

Hello there! Happy Thanksgiving first of all.

We do not have any issues with the audio so far so I cannot comment on what is going on with yours ...please email me at dilek@noktadetectors.com with the info and I will check with the engineers.
Whatever it is, I really hope it is resolved so you start enjoying your Impact.

Dilek

Dilek, thank you for the Thankgiving greeting, same to you if it is celebrated in your household.

I just sent you an email with my test parameters and measurements. Hopefully it will be of use in diagnosing this problem.

Amazing customer service ...... wow .

What I like about the Impact is that it reaches down into the iron range to bring up targets that other machines miss. It also has great, clean audio and is fast in the iron. Had my Sov X2 with DTI meter and 800 coil out yesterday--nearly went back to the car for the Impact--I'm just used to the sharp audio now.
Also great on low conductors in the 20 kHz mode--great gold and silver machine.
cjc

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
I've got the Racer 2 with 3 coils...stock 7X11"...5" OOR and Makro 5X10". I also have the Makro wireless headphones. This really seems like I am pretty much "covered" in all I need.

I think I understand most of what I have been reading about the Impact. I pretty much know what it has to offer. Just wondering...is spending the extra money to get an Impact that much of an improvement over the Racer 2?

I hunt coins about 100% of the time anywhere I can get permission whether it be old places or city parks. The relics are just an added bonus when I hunt for the coins. Again...is the Impact that much of an improvement over the Racer 2 for what I do?

Charles

Another thought here Charles,

Of the coin shooting that you do, how many times do you RE-HUNT a site, meaning go back at a different time, perhaps with a coil change and check out the site again to see if you can find things you may have missed on the previous hunt?

If you do this on a frequent basis, I think there is good argument for a serious look at the Impact and its' selectable frequency ability. It is like taking a different machine over the same area.

I guess that you need to decide if you will USE the extended abilities of the Impact or simply select a favorite mode and leave it there at each site you visit.

Rich (Utah)

I revisit sites, always miss something and clean out some more junk hopefully to unmask a golden target the next hunt.

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:

Charles

I have run both detectors-Impact and Racer 2.

Impact a better coin Hunter overall.
Why?
Because you can dig less trash and junk targets using Impqct vs Racer 2.

Checking suspect targets using 5khz with Vdi unnormalized will reveal junk targets lots of times.

The catch here is if you are hunting in and around iron and nails, heavier naked coins,,,ID may or may not help you id junk targets.

Impact is a very good modern trash site Hunter.