Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Safari a Dud?

Sounds like a Troll story to me. My son just bought the Safari and I bought the E trac..In two days we have found over 20 coins..in deep frozen ground. Utah has horrible soil in most areas and the Minelabs dont show any issues that a few adjustments cant take care of. Good luck with your Whites.

[size=large][size=large]One of my favorite coils is a 6 inch DD Excelerator EQ2 Pro search coil. It's excellent for discriminating between trash and treasure and we have some trashy parks here in So Cal:pulltab: don't you just hate those pulltabs!!! :ranting:but the only drawback is you can only cover a smallish amount of real estate because of the smaller size.
I'm in no hurry though when it comes to Md-ing and to me, it's well worth it to use this coil for isolating targets in very trashy areas. On the Safari, it only takes a minute to change coils so no problem and you can change back to a larger coil quickly.
I personally have a Vibra-Probe 580 pin pointer. It takes a 9 volt battery and the battery lasts for many weeks. Your not adding to the weight of your M.D. shaft so your not swinging the added weight of the pin pointer as you hunt which means less strain on the arm and back. It doesn't drain the battery on your M.D. and for me, it works just great. The best thing is it really detects/pinpoints very well, reaching down 2-3 inches believe it or not! and I wear mine on my belt.
The Safari is great for finding larger gold items but haven't had much success when it comes to detecting smaller (a few gram size) nuggets both in air testing and in the ground.[/size]
I would agree with previous posts about lowering the sensitivity a bit when you work trashy areas. A little depth is lost but with a smaller coil and lessening the sensitivity, it'll pick out the good stuff much quicker!:clapping:[/size]

Prep1957 said:
Has anyone found anything good at number 40 on the Safari?I find huge square nails or a horseshoe ,4 bottle caps together,tobacco can, etc.and always about a foot deep.

Yep! I found a silver penny (in Holland it

Hi guys, regarding the comment on a backlight for the Safari. I found this video showing one. I'm not sure how they did it or if it is real or not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7KQ_Zviuxk Talking about coils too, has anybody tried out the coiltek 10 by 5 Joey coil. I've read that they are a great trash coil. Thanks.

I'm not sure why everyone is having "iron" issues. I live in an area with a lot of iron problems, I have iron ignored on my Safari, it won't even report it or beep. I have yet to find an iron piece but I have found over a 1000 clad coins, a silver ring, a silver necklace, and some other items in parks since I got it last year. Safari isn't a dud, I am however thinking of upgraded to an eTrac, but I don't know.

A lot of folks need to get Andy's book and learn how to null out stuff they don't want to hit on. A good point made in another post was that a lot of Blacksmith's used all manner of metals when the formed older nails and as such they weren't pure iron and so a Safari might ring it up as it's composed of more than one metal. Me, I've nulled nails out on my settings. Take one an lay it down and null the areas it hits out and save it as your anit-nail program,

Safari works for me but Etrac is on my horizon sometime when I can scrape enough find gold together to buy one..

I've always had nails set to scrim as well, but deep square nails (8-12 inches) will pop a slight 38 or 39 mixed in with the scrim, which is impossible for me to just ignore. They null out when 5 inches or so from coil, but deep, small iron targets pop high numbers fairly often in my experience.

Fog,

I call them "Smart Nails" because they have the ability to imitate bullets or buttons! I love getting a solid 32 with a flutey tone and digging a rusty bent nail!

TomH