Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the simplex spanking these other machines in these tests?

IowaRelic

Ive been doing some simple elevated nail tests lately. Stuck inside today so I filmed some. Turns out the simplex is quite the little beeper in nails. In the past I haven’t done much testing like this. Elevated nails over good targets is realistic and should be looked at more than even plane testing IMO. See what you guys think. I think a small coil will be incredible if they ever come.

I think you see why I have so much fun testing detectors lol. And why I have sold off a bunch. And stopped using some brands. Simplex spanked those G2 and one of my favorites the T2. Breaks my heart and makes me smile

Anyone whose read my posts knows how I feel about the g2 in iron. I love It. But it’s no longer my primary iron worker. The simplex is. Until I can get my hands on another machine to test. Some sites around me will have epic things to give from the iron. It takes patience to hunt it, avg hunters don’t have it. Iron gets me goin so I seek it. I get annoyed when the ground is quiet.

I think you would really like an xp machine for the iron, I’ve heard they thrive there.
Oh I know i would. Problem is I wouldn’t live to use it. She’d kill me. I’ve tried to tell her 100 times that I could have just got one 5 or 6 machines ago but I have to cycle them out as to not spend too much lol. But yes the DEUS will happen. I plan on hunting here for a while. Can’t get all the goodies too quick!! 🤣

Oh I know i would. Problem is I wouldn’t live to use it. She’d kill me. I’ve tried to tell her 100 times that I could have just got one 5 or 6 machines ago but I have to cycle them out as to not spend too much lol. But yes the DEUS will happen. I plan on hunting here for a while. Can’t get all the goodies too quick!! 🤣
Ya I know that problem all too well...

LOL

Attachments

• creeper.jpg
    creeper.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 222
Problem is I wouldn’t live to use it. She’d kill me.
I'm fortunate. When I talk of a new detector, wife says "just get it". I'm the one who looks at what I have and then don't get it because of what I already have. I think my detector count is 14. Best part of it is that the gold (mostly from the beach) has paid for them all. Change and relics are the gravy.

Good test. I've been using a T2se for years and I also have a Simplex, they both do fairly well in the iron. From what I've seen, the Deus is the top performer in the iron right now.

I think you see why I have so much fun testing detectors lol. And why I have sold off a bunch. And stopped using some brands. Simplex spanked those G2 and one of my favorites the T2. Breaks my heart and makes me smile
Wow, I finally got my hands on a simplex 2.78. Put about 3 hours on it so far. It is driving me nuts. I also am a t2 person. Now I resently read that the f75 and t 2 are completely outclassed by newer machines. How do you all feel about this? I will give the simplex some more time but I am just not clicking with it.

Wow, I finally got my hands on a simplex 2.78. Put about 3 hours on it so far. It is driving me nuts. I also am a t2 person. Now I resently read that the f75 and t 2 are completely outclassed by newer machines. How do you all feel about this? I will give the simplex some more time but I am just not clicking with it.
What are your settings? Tell us what isn't clicking.

What are your settings? Tell us what isn't clicking.
Well as I said I have not used it much but here goes. Field mode ground at 72 sensitivity max minus one line, volume max and the discrimination at whatever it was previously set at in that mode. ( factory setting for discrimination). I found a bunch of square nails, it loves them. A home 200 years or older. Never had a detector on it. I want to go back with the t2 and 5" coil. This was the community gathering place for many many years. Has to be a few coins there.

We're the tones clean? I'd run sensitivity about half due to iron. Listen to the tones really good. If clean dig them. But id also try park 2 sensitivity half, lower iron volume 1 notch. Slow down and see whAt happens

We're the tones clean? I'd run sensitivity about half due to iron. Listen to the tones really good. If clean dig them. But id also try park 2 sensitivity half, lower iron volume 1 notch. Slow down and see whAt happens
Kinda what I thought, I was running to hot right? I will try your park 2 settings. Can't go till saturday but I will give you an update. Thank you😊

I've been using the T2 SE for several years and I got the Simplex over a year ago and like them both. The Simplex has some nice features not found on the T2 or F75 but performance wise I would definitely NOT say it "completely out classes" them.

The Simplex has great performance for it's price but it doesn't have the advanced features and settings of a high end machine.

The new "high end machines" like the Equinox 800 and Deus do offer some performance benefits with multi-frequency / high frequency coils and highly customizable settings but machines like the F75, T2, G2 and F19 are still very capable and effective detectors.

Like any new machine the Simplex does take some time to get accustomed too. If you tell us what's driving you nuts about it maybe we can better understand what issues you're having.

Well as I said I have not used it much but here goes. Field mode ground at 72 sensitivity max minus one line, volume max and the discrimination at whatever it was previously set at in that mode. ( factory setting for discrimination). I found a bunch of square nails, it loves them. A home 200 years or older. Never had a detector on it. I want to go back with the t2 and 5" coil. This was the community gathering place for many many years. Has to be a few coins there.
Field mod is like Boost Process. It will false bad on iron. It’s for deep targets in a more sparse area.
Here’s how I’ve been doing well in the iron: park1 or 2. Usually park 2 first to cherry pick, it will not false on iron nearly as bad and can be run wide open with either coil. Then after some time I’ve went back through the iron in park1. Getting deeper stuff from the iron then. Always using Max sensitivity, no notch-ever, and here’s an important part- iron volume on 2 in each mode. Do some nail separation tests and mess with that iron volume. It affects unmasking.

F75 and T2 and G2 are not fully outclassed by the simplex. They have audio and ergonomics that are superior. However, the simplex is as deep and separation is top notch. Yes the FT stuff is showing it’s age anymore. Just be patient a little longer....🥲

Sorry guys been working. Wish I had more time to try out all your ideas. I appreciate all the response from everyone. If all of you like this machine this much I am going to have to keep putting time on it. Thank you all

Sorry guys been working. Wish I had more time to try out all your ideas. I appreciate all the response from everyone. If all of you like this machine this much I am going to have to keep putting time on it. Thank you all
Yes, you need to put ample time in, with any detector, to learn it and know it .. both strengths and weaknesses, which they all have. I have the Simplex + as part of my Regular-Use Detector Team, and i run the 2.77 update. I wouldn't care for the 2.78 as the 2.77 seems to be the better performer in all modes.

I also keep the 5X9½ DD coil mounted full-time because I typically hunt in trashier, brushier, or more confined areas.

Almost always my Sensitivity is at the MAX setting, and if I have any EMI type issues I might drop it down one notch, or two if I really need to.

I have the Disc. set to reject only the 1st segment in the Field and Beach modes, and I usually don't use any Disc. rejection in Park 1. I seldom, if ever, use Park 2. A Disc. rejection of only the first segment will usually be just enough to reject most common Iron Nails, and in some ground mineral environments it also helps to eliminate some falsing due to challenging ground make-up.

Also, while I like a loud Volume for desired targets, I keep the Iron Audio Volume set at 1 or 2 for the lower loudness behavior which helps in ferrous littered places. Also, I always GB whenever I start hunting any site. I used all the different versions of the Teknetics T2 series since they first came out in 2006, most of the time using the 5" DD coil because I mainly grabbed it when hunting ghost towns and other places with ample Iron Nails and other ferrous debris.

I like the T2's with the '+' being my favorite. However, I had better performance from my Simplex + w/5X9½ DD in several old sites last summer and into the fall, and while it isn't a T2, an F75 or other higher-cost modern detector, they also are not a Simplex + which has some very well engineered-in behavior of its own. It isn't my main-use detector, but it does have its place in my Detector Outfit and with that mid-size search coil. Just give your unit some time, and if nails annoy you, just knock out the first Disc. segment and that ought to help. Also, I favor a slow-and-methodical sweep speed and not a brisk sweep.

Best of success to you and your Simplex +.

Monte

Yes, you need to put ample time in, with any detector, to learn it and know it .. both strengths and weaknesses, which they all have. I have the Simplex + as part of my Regular-Use Detector Team, and i run the 2.77 update. I wouldn't care for the 2.78 as the 2.77 seems to be the better performer in all modes.

I also keep the 5X9½ DD coil mounted full-time because I typically hunt in trashier, brushier, or more confined areas.

Almost always my Sensitivity is at the MAX setting, and if I have any EMI type issues I might drop it down one notch, or two if I really need to.

I have the Disc. set to reject only the 1st segment in the Field and Beach modes, and I usually don't use any Disc. rejection in Park 1. I seldom, if ever, use Park 2. A Disc. rejection of only the first segment will usually be just enough to reject most common Iron Nails, and in some ground mineral environments it also helps to eliminate some falsing due to challenging ground make-up.

Also, while I like a loud Volume for desired targets, I keep the Iron Audio Volume set at 1 or 2 for the lower loudness behavior which helps in ferrous littered places. Also, I always GB whenever I start hunting any site. I used all the different versions of the Teknetics T2 series since they first came out in 2006, most of the time using the 5" DD coil because I mainly grabbed it when hunting ghost towns and other places with ample Iron Nails and other ferrous debris.

I like the T2's with the '+' being my favorite. However, I had better performance from my Simplex + w/5X9½ DD in several old sites last summer and into the fall, and while it isn't a T2, an F75 or other higher-cost modern detector, they also are not a Simplex + which has some very well engineered-in behavior of its own. It isn't my main-use detector, but it does have its place in my Detector Outfit and with that mid-size search coil. Just give your unit some time, and if nails annoy you, just knock out the first Disc. segment and that ought to help. Also, I favor a slow-and-methodical sweep speed and not a brisk sweep.

Best of success to you and your Simplex +.

Monte
Monte, your wisdom here is unquestionable! I am going to try to load 2.77 into my machine. Also for all you guys helping me out, could the simplex be used for gold prospecting? Thank you

Basstrackerman, I got a little mixed up. In you experience is park one deeper than park two? I guess I should not worry to much about depth. The ground here in new mexico is hard as a rock most of the time. My best day was in a park where I found four mercury dimes, a 1935 nickel and 13 wheats. Never ever been that lucky again. All were about 4 inches deep. Tesoro silver umax