Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the simplex spanking these other machines in these tests?

I run my simplex 2.78 wide open all the time, and swinging fast. This works best in mild soil with moderate trash. You have to be fast with the simplex or it will not get near as deep in the park modes. Likes a brisk sweep in field though too.
I tested it out over several hours in a good little patch of ground. Using the stock and sp24 coils using park modes. I did very well starting in park2, stock coil, digging all targets over 21 ID. Then a few hunts later it was tough to find more, switched to sp24 and park 2. Found more for 3 more visits. Switch sp24 and park 1. I’m still pulling non ferrous again and again. When that stops, back to stock coil and using park 1.
BassTrackerMan can vouche for my simplex successes as I’m texting him about it nearly every day 😁 I’m using it in a park, that’s been hunted many times according to the neighbors. We thought we found a virgin spot is how much was coming up😁
I took the DEUS behind the simplex after about 15 hunts with the simplex. The DEUS recovered many more non ferrous targets on its first visit, among the plug holes of previous visits from the simplex and anfibio. And most of its targets were bright and clean.
simplex and DEUS is super great combo. Simplex gives you an idea what a site is made of, DEUS farms it to the core.

Basstrackerman, I got a little mixed up. In you experience is park one deeper than park two? I guess I should not worry to much about depth. The ground here in new mexico is hard as a rock most of the time. My best day was in a park where I found four mercury dimes, a 1935 nickel and 13 wheats. Never ever been that lucky again. All were about 4 inches deep. Tesoro silver umax
That's not me, but Yes, Park 1 provides a bit better depth and performance than Park 2.

Most of the coins I have found in 56 years have been in the surface to 4" range. If in the over 4" to 6" range they are "getting deeper" and anything over that is a "deep coin" from my experience. My last run or working a couple of older coin production sites rendered over 75 Wheat-Back cents, 8 Silver Roosevelt Dimes and 4 Mercury Dimes, and maybe 5 of all of those coins was between 4" and 5". Most were only 2" to 4" but I wasn't hunting ground that had a lot of disturbance or build-up from fallen leaves, mowed grass, etc. It was mostly weed-free / grass-free open dirt areas. The deeper coins were off to the side where it got a little grassy or weedy.

I am sure you'll enjoy the performance from your Simplex +. I like what mine can do with the 5X9½ that I most often use. Haven't mounted the 11" since I got the new coil and likely won't until I get to a wide-open beach.

Now, the search is on to locate some other old-use open areas where kids used to play ball or tag or other things where it lacks much vegetation. Just have to picture some of the types of sites I enjoyed as a youngster in the '50s. No-fuss when it comes to recovery.:thumbup:

Monte

Seen one of these on the beach a couple weeks ago, the guy swinging it was just barely moving the coil and it was noisy, I don’t know anything about these but shut my nox off and told him to lower sensitivity just a bit so he would not get as much falsing. It quieted the machine, I also told him the coil must be in motion to detect. Told him to read the manual. Looked like a very well built machine

That's not me, but Yes, Park 1 provides a bit better depth and performance than Park 2.

Most of the coins I have found in 56 years have been in the surface to 4" range. If in the over 4" to 6" range they are "getting deeper" and anything over that is a "deep coin" from my experience. My last run or working a couple of older coin production sites rendered over 75 Wheat-Back cents, 8 Silver Roosevelt Dimes and 4 Mercury Dimes, and maybe 5 of all of those coins was between 4" and 5". Most were only 2" to 4" but I wasn't hunting ground that had a lot of disturbance or build-up from fallen leaves, mowed grass, etc. It was mostly weed-free / grass-free open dirt areas. The deeper coins were off to the side where it got a little grassy or weedy.

I am sure you'll enjoy the performance from your Simplex +. I like what mine can do with the 5X9½ that I most often use. Haven't mounted the 11" since I got the new coil and likely won't until I get to a wide-open beach.

Now, the search is on to locate some other old-use open areas where kids used to play ball or tag or other things where it lacks much vegetation. Just have to picture some of the types of sites I enjoyed as a youngster in the '50s. No-fuss when it comes to recovery.:thumbup:

Monte
Sorry there Monte, I am not any kind of proficient with technology. I did intend that post for basstrackerman. Have been reading your stuff for years. Since you were a detector dealer back when. I guess I spend more time reading than hands on. There just is not enough time in a 25 hour day!😁🤔