Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is the smaller dd coil better than the larger one ?

andrew9091

I was curious of the feedback re the smaller dd coil. I have the larger one but rarley use it. For me if I had 3 hours to hunt a property ill throw the sniper on everytime.....ill find more and dig less. That's just me tho. Is there any difference between the larger dd coil and the smaller one ? I'm considering ordering the smaller dd coil for my 350. Thanks

Hi Andrew,You can't beat the 5x8 DD coil in trashy areas in my opinion. the sniper coil is good for trash also but I believe the depth of the 5x8 is much better. hope that helps.

You may have all ready gotten my position on the dd coils I really enjoy using
the smaller dd coil over the large one because it is much easier to pinpoint a
target in the smaller diameter than the larger area. Also I believe your less likely
to have multiple targets in the small diameter.
George

If they are the same design, they should act the same, except for an increase in depth and
coverage generally in proportion to the difference in size.
Fer instance, my Ace 250 6x9, and my 9x12 are the same design, except one is bigger.
Being as on average, it's 3 inches larger, you can generally expect the pattern to be
2-3 inches deeper. So if I get 8 inches on something with the stock coil, I'll get 10-11
using the 9x12. And also cover that much more area per swing.
On the down side, the larger coil will see more of the ground at once, and in busy or
trashy areas could slow you down a tad as you weed through the clutter.
On the plus side, in clear areas, the big coil is going to cover more ground per hour,
and go deeper. I always use what fits what I'm doing. So I'm often swapping coils around.